Chapter 5

*Neville Pov*

I groaned walking all around the room another time before sitting on the small bed present in the room.

There is no air conditioner and then the room is too small along with the bed. There is so much dust too.

And to top of all these, I am hungry. I rubbed my stomach and stood up immediately. I am their guest and I can just ask them without suffering the hunger while sitting here.

"Anybody here?" I asked climbing down the stairs and then looked around until I smelt something from one side of the house.

"This is kitchen?" I asked myself before walking towards that direction.

"I am hungry and I need something to eat." I said entering the kitchen only to stop in my tracks looking at my Mom near the stove.

"This early?" I heard a voice and turned to see Kalyani Aunty coming inside the kitchen from another door and I can see some trees from that door.

"Yeah! I even skipped breakfast thinking I would eat something Indian reaching here." I replied shrugging and walked towards the Kitchen slap before moving a few things away.

"This is nice!" I mumbled remembering how I used to sit on this while Mom used to work.

"Are you going to sit there?" Aunty screeched.

"Any doubts?" I asked and sat on the slab before closing my eyes.

"Now, I need some food." I said folding my hands.

"Don't you have manners? And there is still time for lunch." Aunty said shaking her head and walked towards Mom.

"Well, I heard that Indian Mom's does everything to not let their children stay hungry." I said in a low tone making both of them stare at me.

"Give this to her, Kalyani." I heard Mom's voice.

"But Bhabhi..." Aunty started saying but huffed before walking near to me with a plate consisting of some Roti's.

"Nice!" I said, taking it away and started eating it.

"Give a prayer to the god." Aunty said with anger eyes.

"You do it for me, Aunt. You are also my family right. You are actually my Step-Aunt." I said smiling at her.

"By the way, how many steps do I have to get on?" I asked after finishing one roti.

"What?" Aunty asked.

"I mean to say, how many relations I have with a prefix 'Step'." I explained and glanced at Mom to see her having a smile covering her face which she hid immediately.

"Did you learned to talk like this from your Dad?" Aunty asked folding her arms.

"Actually he would scold me just like you because I learned this from my Mom." I replied and Mom immediately turned towards me in shock.

"Bhai!" Aunt said in a surprise and I turned to see my Step-Dad standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Did you hear this, Step-Dad? You asked me not to talk about my Dad and your sister is doing it for herself." I said staring at him too which he sighed.

"I am going to work." He said looking at my Mom and Aunt to which they both nodded.

"Where do you work and what?" I asked before he could step out of the room.

"What?" he asked, frowning.

"Yes! That's what I am asking. I should know at least that right and see whether it is good for my Mom." I replied with a serious tone but hiding the smile completely.