Someday: Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

A Life is Nothing More Than a Boring Chapter of a Day in My Life

AFTER GOING THROUGH MY normal everyday routine and watching the sunrise, I went on my way to school, wondering how long the rumours would last. It amused me actually. I was looking forward to seeing the rumour change more, where I finally start dating a behemoth. But, are people’s imaginations really that wild? While pondering on these things, two voices came from behind me, far away.

“I will walk him to school today!” one voice said.

“No you won’t, you sly fox!” the other one said in a voice that was slightly higher in tone.

As I turned around, two steam engines bumped me and knocked the wind out of my lungs. Then, before I knew what was happening, the steam engines locked my arms making me wonder how in the world can a vehicle lock a person’s arm?  Then, wait, weren’t the steam engines talking? How the hell can steam engines talk? Then I passed out.

As I stirred, I heard both of the steam engines talking again, making my head hurt more.

“Hey, is he awake?” one of the steam engines asked. It was the one with a higher tone of voice.

“It’s your entire fault for bumping him hard!” the other steam engine replied.

I brought both hands to my ears, trying to block all the pain and sounds that were around me. “Ugh...” I moaned. “Shush. Steam engines aren’t supposed to talk and hold arms.”

“Steam engines?” Hana asked. She was the one that had a slightly higher voice, apparently.

“What steam engines?” Aika demanded, her hands on her hips.

I looked up, “Ah, humans. Thank goodness.”

“Either way,” Aika started again as she faced Hana, “I’m eating with Torph today!”

“No, you are not!” Hana exclaimed. “I am!”

As they threw words back and forth, our first instructor entered the classroom.

Still glaring at Hana, Aika walked over to her seat and said, “Stand. Bow.”

The morning subjects passed by peacefully, but uneventfully.

Then lunch finally came, but not without problems. As usual.

“I said give him to me,” seething with anger, Aika growled slowly as she pulled my left arm.

I know only a few people who can stay peaceful under Aika’s growl. Hana was one of them.

“No. He is coming with me,” Hana snarled as she stared daggers at Aika while pulling my right arm.

I was like a helpless ragdoll, being fought over by a pair of ignorant cavemen. Ah, sorry, I meant cavewomen. I sighed as they continued to fight over me.

“Torph, who will you go with?!” Hana asked me, breaking my train of thought.

“Ah? First, let go of me, you two,” I said.

“Sorry,” Hana looked down and apologized as she let go of my arm.

“Fine,” Aika said as she threw my arm back at me.

I walked over to the window sill which was three feet away before saying, “I don’t know who I’m going with. Can’t we just all go eat together?”

“No!” the two girls said in unison. I sighed. I knew this would happen. But, no worries, I have a plan.

I sat at the window sill and looked at both of them. “Well then, I’m not going with anyone,” I grinned.