II. Chapter 25 | Part 2 - Stone

She nodded before he pressed his lips to hers, softly and unrushed.

How was he going to do this? How was he going to gain enough control to allow themselves to indulge in their most primal and intimate desires? Even now, as he caressed her lips, a stirring within had him dipping his tongue and tangling it with hers, delving deeply into her essence as he held her against him. Pulling away, he pressed his forehead to hers again, breathing harder as his pants began to feel too tight.

Goddess, he couldn't even kiss her without becoming aroused. He couldn't stay mad with her because he understood how she felt. He understood better than she did, and somehow, he needed to communicate that with her.

"The matebond is intensifying our urges in an effort to seal and join our souls," he said, wracking his brain as he struggled to explain it to her. "What we are feeling is natural, but that doesn't make it any easier for us. This is why it's so important that I learn to control it because it's only going to get more intense."

She swallowed. "So, the only solution you guys came up with is practicing control and drawing my blood?"

He nodded, looking away from her. "None of us know what the consequences would be if we exchanged bodily fluids—"

Aubree wrinkled her nose. "Bodily fluids?"

He caught her gaze then and raised an eyebrow. "Do you need me to elaborate?"

"Um..." she trailed off in uncertainty.

Sighing, he released her arms and ran his fingers through his hair. "Kissing hasn't posed a problem, which is a good sign. You haven't changed or gotten sick that way. But if I bite you, my saliva mixing with your blood might cause a different reaction, one that has, in the past, led to documented monstrous results."

And I can't let that happen. He pursed his lips, his eyes roaming over her body as she continued to pull the torn fabric of her shirt around her.

"You see," he said, as he went to his dresser and pulled out one of his T-shirts, "when we mark each other, we are both ingesting each other's blood, and we bathe each other's mark with our tongue, thus adding saliva to the mix. And there has been no documented results of mixing human blood with lycan blood." He lowered his voice. "Or at least, no documented results available to the common lycan."

Aubree's brows pulled together. "What do you mean?"

"Well," he said with a sigh, as he returned to her and held out his shirt for her to put on. "Lycans go back thousands of years. We—and I mean Hector, Rosemary, Gunner, and I—find it hard to believe that there hasn't been one documented case of a blood transfer between lycans and other species. Like humans, we are curious about the world we live in. It's impossible to believe that not once has anyone in our past been curious enough to experiment with other species."

She'd been listening so intently at him, that she hadn't even noticed the shirt he held out to her. Heaving another sigh, he reached for her hand and put his clean shirt in it. "Please put this on. You have no idea how distracting you are right now."

Her eyes widened before a cheeky little grin spread across her face, but he shushed her so he could finish. "I need you to pay attention right now."

Still grinning, she pulled away from him and turned her back before slipping off her ripped shirt and sliding the new one over her shoulders.

He tried to steer his gaze away, but... Goddess, that ass and figure of hers...

"You were saying?" she said when she turned around, his shirt large enough to cover that delicious fanny.