Things Get Eventful *wink*

~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

EXCITEMENT

Also, for some reason, this says rated R... it's not

~~~~

“Damn it!”

I resisted the urge to slam my stick against the pavement, and instead, I stood straight up and put one of my hands on my hip. I brushed my sweaty bangs out of my face and then leaned against my stick with a groan.

I’d lost track of how long I’d been standing outside shooting on the net in my driveway, but I was sure it had been more than an hour. I had yet to score this season, and I was determined to before it ended. I’d been working on my shot a lot in practice, but since today was a free day, I’d been forced to do it in my driveway. I preferred the ice to pavement, but as long as I had a net, I wasn’t complaining much.

I let out a deep breath, and after pulling all the hair that had fallen out of my ponytail back up, I walked over to the net and started pulling my street pucks out. Suddenly, I heard the sound of an engine, and I looked up just in time to see Dane’s car pass my house and then pull into his driveway.

Dane rolled down the passenger window, and I could hear Swedish House Mafia blasting through his speakers. I grinned, knowing that Dane had this thing for the group, and I waved as he leaned across the car and smiled at me from the passenger window.

“I’ll admit it, Kelsey,” he called, “I’m liking the outfit.”

I frowned for a moment before looking down, and I immediately blushed. I had gotten hot about fifteen minutes ago from working out, and since there was no one around, I’d shed my black Nike t-shirt. Now, I only had on a pair of sports shorts and a sports bra.

“Way to be a pervert!” I yelled back, and I quickly grabbed my t-shirt off of the top of the net and tugged it on.

Dane turned off his car and climbed out of the driver’s side, and I watched as he walked around the hood of his car. I crossed my arms over my chest as Dane cross the small stretch of grass to my driveway, and he came to a stop right in front of me.

He started to say something, but then he glanced to the side and frowned. “Hey,” Dane said, and he pointed at the hockey net, “isn’t that the net from my driveway?”

“Maybe,” I drawled with a shrug.

“And you stole it?” Dane asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Maybe,” I repeated, and I laughed. Dane grinned and shook his head, and he rested his hand on the plastic crossbar of the net. “What can I say?” I said with a shrug, “I don’t have a net, and yours was just out there, begging for me to take it and use it.”

“Well, I hope you had fun,” Dane replied with a sigh, and I nodded.

Dane checked the time on the watch wrapped around his wrist, and he frowned. “Like I said, Kels,” Dane said, gesturing at my clothes and changing the subject, “I like the outfit, but is that really what you want to wear to the team dinner?”

“Shit,” I groaned, deflating slightly, “I completely forgot.”

Tonight, because there was no practice, the team had decided to go to a local pasta place. We had a game tomorrow, so a pasta dinner was a good idea for the night before. Plus, it just gave us a chance to all hang out together, since not everyone went to the same school.