Character Index

I thought I'd give some visuals for my long list of characters (original and canon), with Wattpad's brilliant new multimedia addition, as a kind of helpful reference.

I know many of you may not have a lot of knowledge on the canon world of 'Middld Earth' created by Tolkien - and honestly that's fine.   Although this is a Fanfiction it is quite alternative in its approach.  As much as I stick to the Professor's foundations and take much care to incorporate as much of his world into this story, it is uniquely different and explores many lost threads of the elven world which I picked up as a result of my own research. 

So, the good news for everybody is that you don't need to be a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Tolkien superfan to read this story.  I'll take you right into the heart of their strange world and whether you know your Tolkien stuff or not - you'll certainly learn something new, and maybe, hopefully, love them all the more...

List of Significant Characters
In Order of
Appearance

Clara Riley
'née Josie'

Clara is a Vivified creation of a mortal woman - once known as Josie

Clara is a Vivified creation of a mortal woman - once known as Josie. Although it is initially uncertain why this tragic, Earth-born, human, is brought to Arda, it becomes evident that her presence causes a bit of a stir. Somehow awakening in the Silvan held Greenwood, as something akin to an elf...after what she presumed as her death...this terrified young woman has a lot to learn about a world that is no longer fictional. Luckily she has an arsenal of bizarre traits that seem to endear her to the indigenous population; curious, creative, and a warmth of heart that seems to smooth over her stubbornness, wilfulness, and lack of elven grace.

Legolas Thranduilion:
Prince of the Realm

Legolas is an elven child - a prince of the Realm by birthright

Legolas is an elven child - a prince of the Realm by birthright.  Appearing at first like an apparition to a rather befuddled Clara, the young child is the first to take a shine to the odd elven woman who he valiantly "rescued" in the forest. He is a happy-go-lucky boy, appearing physically little more than a toddler, but with the intellect and articulation far more advanced than his mortal counterparts. Young Legolas has no mother to speak of,  and relies heavily on the care of his Grandfather - Oropher - and the interest of the various servants. He adores his absent father, who seems to spend more time away in wars giving the child an almost romanticised view of their relationship.