ALTERNATIVE ENDING!

a/n: surpriseeee, i bet u thought you'd seen the last of me!

i decided that to switch things up a little, i'd create an alternative ending (because one ending is just soooo mainstream). in many other stories, there's no sense of what if? so i wanted to add this element to it. of course, this is not the real ending. it's supposed to be an outlook on how things could have happened in contrast to how they actually did happen. enjoy!

***

To: Romeo
Hey, I hope you're doing well. Your shirt is here. I miss you.

Two minutes later...
From: Romeo
Come over.

My breath hitches. I quickly grab a coat and slip on some shoes, leaving my house immediately. As I leave the house, I stop myself. I can't go to him looking like this. I go back inside and take my time to look my best for Romeo.

I do my makeup just the way he likes it. I remember that he loves when I do a wing with my eyeliner. I wear the NASA t-shirt that he loves so much. He said he likes the way it swallows me up. Then I leave the house.

I knock on his door nervously. For minutes, I chew on my lower lip, anxious to see him. I haven't seen him since he told me he hated me.

He opens the door and stares at my features. His fingers rake through his hair as his eyes focus on my lips.

"I've missed you," says Romeo. He takes a step towards me and his scent immediately fills the air. "Mia."

As I stare up at him in silence, his finger lightly strokes the side of my face which causes my skin to burn. My body tingles.

"Talk to me, petal," he mutters, his confusing eyes staring deeply into mine. Butterflies.

"I missed you. Since the day we broke up."

"No," he says, "forget about all of that. Good memories only."

I raise an eyebrow. "Like what?"

A subtle grin appears on the boy's face. "Like the way you used to kiss me." He comes closer to me, closing the gap between us. "Remind me how," he whispers.

My hands snake around his neck and I stare into his eyes.

"Like this?"

I barely brush my lips against his soft ones, electricity flowing through my body. The sparks, the butterflies, the breathlessness... it's all back.

I kiss him passionately, tightening my grip on him. My eyes fall shut as he kisses me back, the familiarity of his lips making my heart beat faster and faster.

My tongue runs along Romeo's bottom lip, and his lips part, allowing our tongues to dance together. He growls sexily which makes the butterflies in my stomach erupt like an active volcano.

I missed this. I missed this. I missed this.

Our lips part for a few seconds. "Petal," he breathes as his lips momentarily attach to mine, "I love you so, so much."

His thumb doodles patterns onto my cheek as he beams intensely into my eyes. My teeth tug on my bottom lip.

"What about Jade?" I ask, my palms resting flat on his chest.

"She broke up with me... because I was still in love with my ex." His lips curve into a slight smile. "And anyway, you did so much more for me than she ever could. She didn't try and be insightful like you did, she was close-minded about everything... That's what made me realise how much I love you."

I try to withdraw my smile, but I don't have the strength to. He holds me tightly in his arms, his cheek resting on the top of my head. We sway.

I can feel his heart pounding, which makes me smile harder. My ear is on his chest, and I hear the beats.

I look up into his eyes, then plant a sweet kiss on his jaw. He sighs.

"Do you want to come inside?"

***

So we finally reached the end of this so-called short story! Today is Saturday 2nd April 2016 and I have uploaded the last updated for this book. Guys. You made it to the end. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I would like to say a big, big thank you to those who stuck with me on Romeo and Mia's journey and will continue to stick with me in my future books! I LOVE YOU ALL.

Also, I would like to say thank you to myself for staying alive. Yeah. Thanks, me, for being amazing as always.

OH and I've also got a new story coming out (the link will be in the next part), and it also has my social media. MY ONLY SOCIAL MEDIA IS INSTAGRAM. THAT'S IT.

So yeah, thank you all once again, and I'll see you in my next story! See ya!

- for the last time, sarah xox