Chapter 15

Nate

"Do you really have to go?" Lia asked.

God this is breaking my heart.

"I will only be gone for a couple of days. Just a couple babe." The look on her face made me not want to go, but I have to. I needed to head back to LA to make sure everything was okay.

I haven't told Lia what happened because her parents begged me not too, and it took everything in me to agree. I don't like the fact that I'm hiding things from Lia.

"But why can't Jake, Dave, or Allan go?" She asked, her bottom lip sticking out in a pout.

I sighed. "Come here, Sunshine," I hold my hand out to her, she didn't hesitate. She walked into my arms and wrapped her arms around me.

"I hate this too. I don't want to leave you, but taking you with me would be stupid and reckless. Please understand. I just need to take care of a couple things then I'm on my way back to you. I'll be here before you know it."

She squeezed me tighter.

I kissed the top of her head.

"Besides, you start at Indulgence tomorrow. You'll be busy so you won't miss me," I said.

She shook her head. "No. I'll miss you," she said.

Fuck me if that didn't do something to my heart.

"I'll miss you too, Sunshine. I'll miss you a lot."

Damn it. I really don't want to leave her.

Fuck. I'm so close to saying to hell with it, you're coming with me, but that would be stupid...

"Sunshine, you call me. If you have a bad night, call me and I'll come right back."

She nodded her head against me.

"I'm sleeping in your clothes," she mumbled.

I chuckled. "Okay."

"You have to call me to say goodnight. I won't sleep until you do," she threatened.

I laughed. "Okay," I said again.

"You have to sing me to sleep," she said. "You can't stop until I've fallen asleep," she ordered.

I laughed even more. "No problem, Sunshine. I'd do anything for you," I said.

Ever since she found out I could sing, she has asked... No. Demanded that I sing her to sleep every night since then.

"You also have to call me in the mornings. I'd be grumpy and impossible the whole day if you don't," she warned.

"We can't have that, now can we?" I said with a smile.

She shook her head against me.

"Two days, Nate. Just two and no more than that."

I nodded. "Just two, sweetheart. I promise," I said.

I went into the kitchen to talk to the guys.

"Listen, if she has bad night, call me. I don't care if she says not to, you guys will call me," I said, leaving no room for arguments.

They all nodded.

"Relax, man. We'll take care of her. Don't worry," Dave said.

"I can't not worry," I grumbled.

They chuckled. "Listen, she doesn't know okay, so don't say a word."