Chapter 16

Naruto tried to hide his cringe when a huge group of girls came flying, screaming and squealing his name. He guessed that the news of him being an heir has been spread. Naruto turned a corner and melted into the shadows, watching the group of girls zoom past him screaming his name. The girls were just after his money and besides, he has a girlfriend... And a boyfriend. Naruto smiled at that. He didn't actually think that was possible but neither had minded sharing the blond heir. They just took turns going on dates with Naruto. Naruto, though, had voiced his concerns about Itachi being the Uchiha clan heir and all. Itachi had to be the clan head of his parents ever pass or decide to stand down from the positions. Sasuke wouldn't receive the title unless Itachi dies or he decided to let Sasuke take over the role but Sasuke is very irresponsible and they're worried about the clan's future if Sasuke ever has to lead the clan's company. Itachi had said his parents are fine that he isn't producing any clan heirs and that Sasuke can probably do the job of producing clan heirs.
Naruto had then suggested that the clan's have an alliance where if Naruto and Temari were to have children. They could be running the companies. Temari still had her responsible siblings so they didn't have to worry about her side. Itachi has reassured Naruto multiple times that their relationship was fine and that they would see how things go. If things aren't going as expected they could hand it over to their uncle Madara who is their father's advisor. The man wasn't power-hungry so he was a safe option too and he had a son who was smart enough to know how to handle a company if worse comes to worse. Sasuke will have to learn to be responsible if he wants to be the company boss and clan head.
"What are you doing?" A bored voice snapped him out of his musing. Shikamaru.
"Hiding from rabid fangirls that I gained overnight." Naruto doesn't have any ill feeling towards the lazy Nara as the boy hadn't done anything to bully Naruto or anything at all in fact. The boy just merely ignores him in the favor of sleep, mumbling that everything was too troublesome. The Nara even though he hangs out with the other clan heirs, it doesn't mean he would follow what they do or even like what they do. It annoyed the Nara that they can treat someone with such disrespect, thinking that they are bigger and better just because they are clan heirs.
"Urgh. They just want the bling and fame that comes." Shikamaru said, making a face of disgust before looking around, checking for Naruto before gesturing for the blond to follow. They made their way carefully through the school building and to an empty classroom they deem safe enough to hide in. In there Naruto settled with doing work whilst Shikamaru slept or just looked at what he was doing curiously. When Naruto looked like he was somewhat done, Shikamaru pulled out a shogi board from the front of the classroom which made Naruto grin. "A decent opponent, finally." Shikamaru raised an eyebrow and chose not to ask any questions, figuring he would get his answers later when the game starts.
He was right when he predicted that he would get his answer when the game started. The blond had proven to be able to think so quickly on his feet that Shikamaru couldn't catch up with the game. A few of Naruto's moves had made him falter which caused him to make a wrong decision. It has never happened that someone could make him falter at a game he practically grew up playing.
"You faltered when I made a move you have never seen your opponent make because people usually perceive that move as being risky and dangerous." Naruto observed.
"Not bad kid." Naruto paused at being treated like a sort of a younger brother.
"Up for another round?" Shikamaru merely grinned in response. He had felt alive when he played and interacted with Naruto, the unpredictable blond made him stay on his toes. It was no wonder the stoic and elegant elder Uchiha had taken a liking for Naruto.
The both had parted ways later but a silent promise that they would hang out again soon hung in the air between them. They had exchanged phone numbers previously so that if either needed the other, they have the number to contact.
Such an unpredictable person. I had thought he would turn on everyone and crushed everyone with his power. He knows how to play his cards but even the best wouldn't know what he is planning. He is that good. Shikamaru mused as he thought about his new found friend/ rival. Who knew the lazy Nara would ever find a person that could rival and even beat him in intelligence at their age, the blond being even younger than he is.