Chapter 23: A Better Change

"I need to talk to him Beth, I can't just let our relationship come to an end." I said. It's almost two days since I got back from school and it seems like Dylan is purposely ignoring me. I know we needed a break or at least distance from each other but nothing is fixed when we just continue to be this way. This should be talk out and if he really loves me, he shouldn't just give up on me like that because of what my mother told to him. Speaking of my mother, we haven't talk since the last time I told her everything what I felt towards her. She didn't even explain herself afterwards that gave me the feeling that she doesn't really care at all. Well she has really changed and with that, I don't really care. Because the mother I love is no longer with me a long time ago.

"If you really want to talk to him, should you at least respect his decisions and think if why did he do that from the first place? Isn't it because it's best for the two of you for the time being?" She asks. I shake my head, disapproving her question, "This is not what is best for us. We should talk it out. Not being like this, not talking to each other and putting some space between us, this doesn't solve anything. It seems like he is planning this on purpose. Like he wants us to break apart by putting some space and when time goes by, the feelings that we have for each other will lessen and one day, it will be gone."

Beth places her right hand over mine, "You're right. I guess, you should go talk to him. I'm not going to stop you but can you handle it?" She looks at me with a frowning look display on her face.

"What do you mean?" I wasn't sure of what she was pertaining about.

"About whether he is about to tell you something that you won't even take, I know, you shouldn't be thinking about negative thoughts but Kate, it's best if you're prepared of the worst thing to happen."

I place a smile on my face which I forcefully do, "I'm prepared. No matter how painful it is."

--

"Isaac!" I called out Isaac's name as soon as I saw got out from the room which was just a room away from ours.

"Hey Kate." He hollered back. He ran towards me with a smile on his face. "You know, since you came back to school, I wasn't able to greet you properly. How is your father? Is he doing well?" He said in a British accent.

"He's fine. Thanks for asking, I just wanted to ask if you know where Dylan is?" I stammered.

His face turns into a confused state, "I don't know, why you asked? You should know that since you're his girlfriend right?"

I purse my lips and nodded, "Yeah but I kind of don't see him anywhere." It seems like Isaac doesn't know what is happening between us.

"Hey man, are you coming to the party?" The guy with a blonde hair and built body ask to Isaac. Doesn't he know that I'm talking to him?

"Yeah I will. See you there!" He said. The guy nodded and left the two of us.

"So yeah, I need to go now, are you fine by yourself or should I help you look for him?" He ask with a smug look on his face.

"No thank you, thanks anyway. See you." I smiled weakly and just left like that.

--

I'm at the parking lot of our school, there are only few cars left on the parking lot and I don't think Dylan's car is here. He's not in the school anymore, I was looking for him anywhere but he is nowhere to be found.

"Are you okay?" Someone sits beside me and I turn my head to look. It was Marc.

"Fine I guess, what are you doing here? You should be going home by now." I said.