Chapter 25

Christian's POV

"There's a bit of a situation right now... I think you need to come here as fast as you can," Mr. Soo said the moment I picked up the phone. 

"Is something wrong?" I groaned, still half asleep. I glanced over at the alarm clock and was taken aback when I saw that it was already 7. I rubbed my eyes and took another look to make sure. Nope, it was actually 7. I thought I had mistaken the numbers or something. Cali usually woke me up an hour earlier and we would eat breakfast together and what not before I left for work. Why didn't she wake me up today? Where was she anyways? 

"Ms. Wilson... she-" he began to say.

Well, that answered my question. I sprung up from my bed. "Did something happen to her?" I asked.

"Well, not exactly. She-she's at the company right now."

"What?!?" Why did she go there without telling me? What if she found out that her contract got terminated? She can't find out about it yet. She's been constantly bothering me to let her go back to work and when I said no, she kept pestering to know why. I knew that this secret couldn't possibly be hidden forever, but still... this was just too soon. I can not even begin to imagine how she would react to this. "How could you let this happen??" I yelled into the phone.

"I-I... You should get here as soon as possible Mr. Wright," he advised. 

I told him that I was on my way and hung up. I rushed out of bed and grabbed a random jacket left on the sofa and ran out the door. 

***

I tapped my fingers impatiently against the steering wheel as I got stuck in morning traffic. After leaving the apartment complex parking lot, I got caught in traffic. I've been in my car for over 10 minutes. This was wasting my time, I had to get to Cali. I was hoping that I would be able to get there in time to prevent her from finding out. An impractical wish of mine, but I didn't let that get my hopes down. Who knows? Maybe she won't...

Beep beeppp beepppp!!  I slammed my fist on the steering wheel in frustration and honked like crazy, not like that helped the traffic. 

Finally, after the longest 15 minutes of my life, I drove into the vast parking lot of Samsung Group and parked into the first empty park space I spotted. I unbuckled my seatbelt and shot out of my seat. I dashed for the main entrance and prayed that I wasn't too late. I had promised Cali that I wouldn't leave her alone to suffer pain again. I didn't want to break this promise. 

I came running in and stopped in the center of the lobby. I searched for my Cali and thought that I was already too late when I saw her. Cali was sitting on one of the couches and I felt so relieved to see that she looked fine and she was... laughing? That's when I noticed the person beside her. A man. A good looking one too. They were holding hands?!

A rush of jealousy appeared inside me. Both of my fists were clenched in anger. My veins bulged from my neck. What was she doing with him?!?! 

I started to walk toward them, taking small steps at first then slowly into a run. I swung my closed fist at the man's face and it felt so good. Take that. That's what happens when you touch my woman. 

Cali screamed. "Christian!!! What are you doing!?" She went over to the man's side and glared at me.

"I was teaching him a lesson, that's what!" 

"I'm so sorry Mr. Evans, he's crazy. Are you okay?" she asked the man I now knew was named Mr. Evans. 

"Get over here, Cali!" I tried to pull her to me and away from him, but she shook me off.

"Do you not see me doing something here??" I watched in outrage as she leaned close to him and checked his face. "It's bruising, I'm so sorry," she apologized to him. 

"It's not your fault Cali, some ice will take care of this bruise just fine," he assured her and stood up. Did he just call her Cali? When did they get close enough to be on a first name basis?? I really wanted to punch him again, but held back to see what he was going to do next.

"Don't misunderstand, Mr. Wright., I was just shaking hands with Cali here," he explained with a smile. How could he still smile to me even after getting punched? 

"You are...?" I wanted to hear him introduce himself. Who cares about the fact that I already knew he was called Mr. Evans?

"I'm Mr. Aaron Evans, newly hired General Manager of the Customer Service department." He stuck his hand out and waited for me to shake it. 

Although I didn't want to, I forced myself to shake it. I had to hold up my reputation as the CEO of this company. I can't look even more unmannered than I already was. "Er- it's nice to meet you, Mr. Evans. Care to explain what happened with Cali here earlier?"

"I think it's best for her to tell you herself," Mr. Evans said. " Well, it's best if I get going now." He walked away, stopped halfway and turned back around. "I forgot to give you my business card." He pulled out a white card from his pocket and headed back toward us. I held my hand out to receive it but I was flustered to see that it wasn't meant for me, but for Cali.

"Thanks, Mr. Evans, let's meet out for coffee some time," Cali smiled. 

"Now that's a deal, Cali." 

Walk away... walk away... why wasn't he walking away???

"Call me Aaron, Mr. Evans makes me sound old," he joked before finally leaving. 

"Let's go somewhere private and talk Cali," I said when he was gone.

"We have a lot to talk about." She didn't wait for me and headed to the main entrance.