Chapter 30 - [Beauty and the Pretty Bad Birthday]

Hey guys!!

Sorry it's a day late! Got a little busy with some nonsense! HAHA! As always, let me know what you think and I really hope you enjoy!!!

Love,

Luckycharms! <3

-------

-------

I sat in the living room waiting patiently. Atem sure was late. He had ran off to apparently "get" my gift, and he still hadn't returned. It was now ten minutes past twelve on May third. It was my birthday.

And I was alone in my apartment.

Well, not really alone, since Neferkiti was here.

Aurora had called me and wished me, so had Alec. And Uncle Ethan and my brother too! Yet Atem, the one who lived with me, still hadn't wished me.

I rolled my eyes.

What could possibly be taking him so long? At this point, all I could think of was that he was probably late because he was planning something. That had to be it. And it was half past twelve when I heard the door click.

When he walked in, I rushed to the door with a huge grin on my face. I was expecting a "Happy Birthday" and a hug and a kiss too.

But my grin faded almost instantly after I saw his face.

He was staring at me... and he looked upset.

But it wasn't the usual look of annoyance he had on his face. In fact, he didn't look angry at all.

He looked upset.

Genuinely upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked, walking over to him.

He didn't say anything to me. He had a big bag in his hand, which he suddenly dropped on the floor, and then he stepped forward.

I was a little surprised when he hugged me tightly. Again, it wasn't a happy hug, I could just feel it. His face was nuzzled against my neck and I could both hear and feel his short, quick breaths.

Something was definitely wrong.

So I hugged him back, "what's wrong, 'Tem?"

And then I felt wetness on my neck.

He was... crying?

I tried to pull away so I could see his face, but he wouldn't let me. "Atem?"

He was definitely crying.

I only felt the tears for a moment, as if he cried only a couple tears, but his body was shaking slightly as I hugged him.