Chapter Fifteen - You are a fighter (Part One)

*

I called Tristan. My eternal friend, my childhood buddy, my friend in need- he's none of the above. But at least a person to hear my problems. And I believe him to keep my secret.

When he picked up, he sounded breathless. What was he doing? Was he having a run?

"Beryl," he called my name.

"Hey Tristan. What are you doing?" I asked biting my lower lip. I knew what he was doing. I exactly knew. But still I was acting like a dumb girl and asking the question willing him to reject my speculations.

"What do you think I was doing?" He asked irritated.

He sounded irritated. That's new. As far as I know, it's always the other way around.

"Something we study in biology." I answered.

"Your assumptions are right. I just finished." He answered. A voice called him in background making me grimace.

"Gross!"

He chuckled. "I was only experimenting what we studied in Biology." He defended himself.

"Ew! Stop it Tristan." It made him laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"I was just testing my Chemistry with Aussie girls. But then I realized I have also studied Biology and decided to try it too." He explained.

"I don't want to know about what you learnt about Aussie girls. I just called you to tell you something." I said.

"What?"

"I guess I had heart to heart with Blaise." I sighed.

"What?! You both confessed and kissed?" He guessed. I rolled my eyes.

"No smart boy. Like I would ever kiss Blaise Anderson." I scoffed. Doesn't he understand the theory of Kissing Blaise Anderson? Why would he? It's not like he's ever going to kiss the bad boy. I snickered at the thought.

"What?"

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Why were you giggling? Imagining kissing Blaise?"

"No! I was not giggling. It's called snickering. And I was imagining you kissing him." I told him making him gag. I laughed.

"I'm sparing you this time. Don't say anything like that again. I will fly over oceans to kill you. Even your crush won't be there to save you." He threatened.