Chapter 2: A Turn Of Tables

"Bye! I'll see you around!" Shu waves at me as we part ways in the hallway. Wow, I can't believe I met Shu here! This day can't get any better. Suddenly the 8:30 am chime could be heard throughout the school. "Oh no! I'm gonna be late for the opening ceremony! Leo is gonna kill me if he finds out!" I barely made it before they closed the hall doors. I quickly made my way to the line of Class 1-A. The lights dimmed as I settled into the line.

"Welcome to Niji High!!" Loud fangirl screams could be heard. I definitely know whose the cause. "Good morning everyone, glad we all could make it to today's opening ceremony!" Kanada had started with a bang by giving a loud greeting and magically appearing from a puff of pink smoke. "I am Sanada and that's my twin brother, Kanada." Sanada-nii comes out from the curtains as he speaks. Louder fangirl screams could be heard. "Omg! Look how similar they are! They are so cute!" Note to self, bring earplugs to school. And so the opening ceremony was done by my two popular brothers with intros of what the school does to what the school mottos are accompanied by loud fangirl screams and finally concluded with a speech from the principal, it lasted for about a total of one hour but it felt so exhausting. I look at my watch, It's almost time, hope there won't be too much of a ruckus.

By 9:45 all classes have been sent back to their respective rooms. Haru, Mika and I had chosen seats next to each other. A young female teacher comes in, "Rise." The whole class stood at attention, "Good morning students, I will be your homeroom teacher, Ms Koizumi. It's nice to meet you all, let's have a great year together. Bow." The whole class bowed and seated. "Let's start with attendance."

And so names were called one by one, I had chosen a seat next to the window thus I looked out as I waited for my name to be called. "Chizuko Sakura?" I raised my hand, "Here." Suddenly there was a loud bang, the classroom door had been slammed open. There in the door way, was a very tired...Shu? "Sorry teacher, I couldn't find my way around." He smiles embarrassingly. "That's fine, we just started attendance that's all. I'm Ms Koizumi your homeroom teacher, please take a seat." Shu made his way to the back of the class, "Huh? Chi? Looks like we're in the same class!" He shoots me a wink as he took the seat next to me.

"Hey hey, who's that hottie hm?" Mika asks with curiosity in her eyes. "And why is he calling you Chi, Chiko?" Haru joins in with the tease. "Nobody really." I try to say and shake it off. "Haha, that's rude Chi. Not even gonna introduce me to your friends?" Shu says with a laugh. "Yo! I'm Shun Nikano, Chi's childhood friend. My specialty is knife throwing. I'm one of the youngest delinquent leaders of Japan. Nice to meet you, oh! By the way, only I get to call her Chi so back off and she's the only one who gets to call me Shu." Shu finished his intro with that cheeky smile of his as Haru and Mika stare at him with wide eyes and dropped jaws. They had so many reactions to his intro, I couldn't help but laugh. They eyed me when they found out we were childhood friends, gasped at the delinquent part and eyed me again when they learnt of our nicknames for each other.

Suddenly screams of fangirls were slowly heard, it was getting louder and louder when suddenly, the classroom door opened. Girls of our class started fangirling around and Ms Koizumi looked a little pink in the cheeks. There stood, "Aoi?" I quickly covered my mouth, I had accidentally said it out aloud and was now blushing madly. "Aoi?!" The whole class said in unison, shocked at my casualty with him, except for Shu, Mika and Haru. The three gave me the 'oh no look'. I've screwed up my first day of school!

"Yo sis, you left this at home." Everyone with their wide eyes made way as he approached me. He dropped an envelop into my hand. "It's for Hiro, Kei, Jun and Syo's school fees. It was quite careless of you to have left it on the dining table at home. You are fetching them after school right? Oh by the way, no need to prepare my share of dinner tonight, my agent decided to celebrate my award winning of "Best Singer of the Year" by treating me to dinner." With that he slowly walks out and waves goodbye like nothing ever happened before closing the door behind him. I froze in shock as Ms Koizumi fainted and the entire class came rushing to me.

"Hey! How come the Best Singer of the Year, Aoi, is your brother and yet you never mentioned anything?!"

"You guys have the same surname?!"

"Which means you're siblings?!"

"Hey! Answer us!"

"It isn't fair! Why are you the lucky one?!"

"OMG! I'm so glad I came to this school! Can you give me his number?!"

Questions come swarming one after another, an idea popped into my head although it would cause even more ruckus. I couldn't care anymore. I quickly opened the window and jumped out of the second floor window. Who knew the acrobatic and athletic classes assigned from Father would come in handy. I thought as I land on my two feet. Shu jumped down after me while Haru and Mika hurried to the stairs. I quickly ran towards the other classroom building. Once I found the classroom I was looking for on the third level, I used the gadget in my watch again and glided myself up. "Yo." I say as I drop the envelope on Sanada's desk. "Be a dear and pay for our brothers' school fees." I ignore the stares I was getting and glided back down. "Chi, you took off without waiting for me!" Shu whines as he finally catches up to me.

"Chizuko!" I look up, heeding Sanada's scolding voice. "What? Can't hear you!" I shout as I take off again. Sanada just stares at me with disbelief and irritation. "Chi!" Shu chases me again. This was definitely going to be a great 4 years.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! Did you like this chapter? Again I reedited in 2017. Till the next chapter!

Peace out, Author Angel