Chapter 11

"Who am I? Who are you?" the dark-haired man Dani had attacked was still bent over, groaning. "I really thought you were somebody else."

"Yeah right, pervert! Stay where you are or I'll really make you sorry," Dani bluffed as she tried to catch a glimpse of her phone which had fallen to the ground.

The man was taking deep breaths which reminded Dani of lamaze breathing.

"I'm not a pervert. I really thought you were someone else."

"Who are you? Tell me the truth," Dani demanded to know.

"Simon. Simon Clinefeld. I'm here with my wife Molly."

A rustling in the trees startled Dani who jumped. A figure dressed in red scampered off, "What was that?"

"Probably the person I mistook you for."

"Why would your wife leave after seeing you hurt and with another woman?"

He took a few more deep breaths before standing up and answering, "I never said she was my wife."

Dani opened her mouth several times to respond but words failed her. She pointed a finger at the man named Simon and shouted, "You...you disgust me! You're having an affair at a camp that's supposed to help your wife get pregnant?"

"Well when you put it that was, it makes me sound kind of like a douche-bag."

"Kind of?" Dani sputtered. "You kissed my neck!" Dani found herself rubbing her neck unconsciously. "What do you do? Kiss anything with two legs?"

" You're the one that showed up unexpectedly. You're also the one that attacked me...even going so far as to hurt me in my-"

"Enough!" Dani cried. "I don't care who you are but if it really was a mistake, you should go."

"Maybe it wasn't," the man said softly.

"Wasn't what?"

"A mistake. Maybe it was fate," he grinned in the darkness. "I mean...the woman I was supposed to meet with isn't here but you are."

"Sorry to disappoint but I'm not looking to do the dirty in the dark with you," Dani said, picking up her phone. "Besides, you're married."

"So? Aren't you here because you want a baby? I can give you one. Your husband doesn't need to know. Between me and my wife, she's the one with the problem conceiving."

Dani wondered if she had entered the Twilight Zone, "Is this some sort of joke?"

"Not at all. My wife is a bit older than me. You might say she's a cougar. She's rich. I'm handsome, poor, and young. We compliment one another," the man chuckled.

"You know what? Never mind, you stay. I'll go," Dani cringed at the thought of being with this stranger a second longer.

"It's too bad it's so dark. If you could see me...I mean really see me, you might change your mind."

"So you're not just a pervert. You're a narcissistic pervert. I shudder to think what your kids end up like. Your wife sure is lucky," Dani said sarcastically.

"I can't help the truth. Besides, it's not like I want to have kids. Little buggers are expensive."

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't want them," Dani said. "Being here costs a fortune."

She heard the man give off a disgruntled laugh, "That it does. So I might as well get my money's worth and enjoy myself. If your husband has trouble getting the job done, I'm more than happy to share some of my-"