CHAPTER 32 - A double C

I  updated again.. In less than 24 hours...Whoohooo...

Do you remember me telling getting all worked up about a chap. Well, this is it. This is the touughest til date; It took me so long to finally get the guts to write it.

Now, it's my favorite chap of this story. Please do tell me what you think about this. I am very nervous.

Enough of my senseless talk.. Have fun reading :p

---

Karthik was ecstatic with his idea. He wasn't aware that it will be six months since his marriage to Sindhu until Ravi pointed out to him one day. Though it felt weird planning a six-month wedding anniversary, he realized that this is it. This is his chance to do something special for his wife.

Sindhu had put up with his worst and now he is going to show her, his best; his true loving self.

He decided to follow Tulasi's advice and let everything go the way it has to; he will try to make it as comfortable as possible for Sindhu. And if he feels that she's not ready, he will let it go.

He called his mother-in-law and told her about his 'surprise celebration' plan. She agreed to help him and immediately called Sindhu to accompany her for shopping just as he told her to.

Sindhu loves shopping and will not be able to say 'No' to it. However, he was surprised when she asked his permission to go out.

"Do you want to go?" he asked, trying to hide the fact that he already knew everything.

She nodded making him question softly "Then why are you asking me?"

"Because you are my husband and—um—you don't like me spending money uselessly"

He frowned "I don't care about money now. In fact, I never did. It was only because--- ugh--- let's leave it. You can go"

"Really?"

That same question again?

"Yes. You can go with your mother. Now call her before she thinks you are not interested" he replied with a smile.

The smile that she gave, after hearing him was enough to make him forget everything; all his hard work of requesting his PM to let him stay at home who didn't agree because of the project deadlines. It was only after he assured him that he will work from home, he agreed. He has to plan everything when she's away while also attending work calls.

The next morning before she left to shopping, he gave his credit card to her.

"It's OK. I have money" she replied, not taking his card.

He took her hand and placed his card on her palm "Take it"

"But, I might end up buying a lot and ---"

"It's fine. Buy whatever you want to" he said softly.

"Are you sure with this?" she asked, looking at him doubtfully.

When he nodded with a smile, she threw her arms around him kissing his cheek "Thanks"

He beamed seeing her reaction "It's nothing"

When she stared at him, not making an attempt to pull back, he started slowly "I think you should leave. You have an hour and half journey ahead"

She pulled back trying to avoid his gaze "You are right. Bye then"

"How are you going by the way?" he asked, suddenly remembering that she didn't have a vehicle.

"I am going to take an auto from here and then find a bus---"