CHAPTER 12 - Apologizing

Sindhu was sitting on the sand; observing the waves while thinking about her future. It's been three days since she left Hyderabad and she missed him. She wondered if he missed her or at least thought about her.

She wanted a fresh beginning but couldn't keep her mind off her husband. She grew attached to him even if they fought every time they talked.

She sighed trying to change the direction of her thoughts. She gazed at the beach again and instantly relaxed hearing the soothing sounds of the waves.

Sindhu had been fond of beaches ever since she remembered; she had been a hopeless romantic and thought sitting ashore, holding the hand of your loved one was bliss. She always wished Hyderabad had a beach but since it didn't, she wanted to continue coming here as long as she stayed in the city.

She was lost in his thoughts until she found a little girl playing nearby. She gestured the girl to come, who walked towards her with a smile.

"Where are your parents?" she asked the girl softly.

The girl pointed to a couple talking animatedly, holding each other's hands.

Sindhu's heart tightened. She could never get to be like that with him.

"You shouldn't wander away from your parents like that" Sindhu advised.

"They didn't get me ice cream" she said, pouting.

Sindhu chuckled "Are you allergic to ice creams?"

The girl nodded making her continue "Then you should listen to your parents. If you became unwell from eating ice creams, you won't be able to watch Doraemon or Power Rangers"

"No. I want Doraemon" the little girl exclaimed in worry.

"Then, no ice creams. Ok?"

"Ok" she said sweetly.

"Go back to your parents and no more wandering"

The little girl left her before kissing her cheek. Sindhu smiled touching the spot as she observed the girl whisper something in her mother's ears. The woman looked around and waved at her with a smile.

Sindhu smiled back and turned her gaze back to the waves when she saw Karthik, a few feet away from her, observing her with his eyes narrowed.

He walked towards her and she stood up, shocked to see him.

Before he could say something, she started "I am sorry, I didn't know you'd be here. I wouldn't have come to this city if I'd known you'd come here on work. I really don't know ----"

Karthik's eyes widened in confusion. She thought he came here on work purpose? She thought he was angry seeing her here?

He didn't know what to do and stood dumbfounded as she continued blabbering.

Sindhu was perplexed seeing him. He must have come here on work or for celebrating her departure. She so wished it was the former though she knew it doesn't matter.

"I will leave" she finally said but he quickly caught her wrist before she turned away "Wait"

She looked at him expectantly as he struggled with his words "I--- I ---came--- I"

Karthik couldn't utter the words; he travelled 700 kms to apologize, yet nothing came out of his mouth.

He sighed heavily and finally said "I came for you"

Sindhu blinked. Disbelief danced in her eyes and he didn't blame her; she must not have expected him to follow her.

She stood still, her lips parted saying nothing when he continued "I am telling you the truth. I came here for you"