Chapter 20: Graduation

Brooklyn POV

I slowly started to wake up. I looked around to see I was in a hospital. Is the baby ok was the only thing I could think about. I didn't really care about myself, the baby will always be more important Tess was in the chair next to me, fast sleep.

She woke up a few seconds later and scared me half to death, "Oh B. Davis your up. How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. What happen? Is the baby ok? Please don't tell me Zack is here." My throat was a little dry so I sounded really weird

"Your mom called last night to tell me Grandma Kim died last night, you passed out a few minutes after I told you. The baby is in perfect condition, don't worry about her. I had to tell Zack because he wouldn't stop calling and your phone going off constantly was giving me a headache. But I told him to fuck off."

"Oh, so that wasn't a dream. I was really hoping that was just a nightmare. Thanks T, I have no idea what I would do without you. What time is it and how long have I been out?"

"It's around five in the morning so you've been out for only a few hours. The doctors don't want you to go to school today but they're allowing you to go to graduation to deliver your big speech. Congratulations my valedictorian. Thanks for not telling me."

"I don't want to do it that's why I didn't say anything. I asked if they could find a replacement for me but I guess they didn't. How did you find out?"

"They emailed you that they want you and only you to deliver the speech. It's a great honor and I'm making you do it. You don't have a choice. You might've before I found out but now that I know, you're definitely doing it."

"Great." I really didn't want to talk in front of people. I have the worst stage fright ever and I absolutely hate attention.

I can't believe we're about to graduate and in the fall I'm going to be in college. I'm growing up so fast. At least Melissa already did this so I can go to her for advice.

"Hey B, I need to get going, unlike you I have one more horrible day of school before I graduate. I'll come with your dress and your cap and gown."

"Thanks T, I'll be here."

"Ha ha very funny."

"I try. Good luck at school T."

"Yeah." She left the room, leaving me all alone in this horrible hospital. I hate hospitals so much it's not even funny.

I needed to call Melissa and ask for her guidance with this sucky situation. She gives the best advice so it continues to amaze me why she isn't going after a psychology degree.

I phone dialed and she picked up on the forth ring "Brooklyn Davis! How's my valedictorian?"

"Melissa Davis, how did you find out?"

"Tess found out, told mom, and mom told me. When were you planning on telling us?"

"Um. Never."

"I'm guessing you didn't call about being valedictorian, what's up?"

"Zack cheated."

"That son of a bitch, unfortunately for him, I'm going to your graduation so he can start parting with his dick now."

"Thanks Mel. Tess already embarrassed him in front of everyone and I have a bad feeling she has more up her sleeve."

"Good. I love that girl."

"I do too."

"What do you need help with?"

"Damn I'm predictable. He wants to talk to me, do you think I should let him?"