Chapter 23 : Towards new horizons

Following the second assault on Marineford, news of Jinbe's passing reverberated widely across the pirate community. Esteemed captains and influential figures of the seas were profoundly taken aback by this development, eliciting a range of reactions as diverse as the vast oceans themselves. Deeply moved by the loss of Jinbe, a figure held in high regard, some individuals conveyed their respect and admiration for the esteemed fishman warrior. Condolences and tributes flooded in from various corners of the Grand Line and even beyond.

Following Jinbe's disappearance, some individuals perceived an opportunity to alter the power dynamics in the New World and consequently initiated strategic planning. Speculation regarding forthcoming conflicts and power struggles rapidly circulated, fueled by the prevalent uncertainty within the tumultuous realm of piracy.

Certain pirates interpreted Jinbe's demise as a stark reminder of the persistent perils inherent in pirate life on the seas. Consequently, they resolved to exercise heightened caution and vigilance, acknowledging that even eminent figures could succumb to the capricious nature of the oceans.

Subsequently, clandestine figures from the underworld and adept manipulators within political-pirate circles commenced orchestrating schemes in a bid to exploit Jinbe's absence for their ends.

However, despite his untimely passing, Jinbe's legacy endured in the hearts of those who revered him, poised to uphold his memory amidst future challenges.

The news of Jinbe's death caused a powerful wave of shock among the inhabitants of Fishman Island. Considered one of their own, the former Warlord was not only respected, but he was also a symbol of pride and courage for the inhabitants of the island. His death left a huge void in their community, and many were plunged into deep mourning.

Walking through the streets of Fishman Island, it was not uncommon to hear the laments and prayers of the residents echoing, while spontaneous gatherings formed in public squares and temples dedicated to the ancestors. Residents paid tribute to their fallen hero, sharing stories of his exploits and remembering his kindness and devotion to their people.

However, Jinbe's disappearance also left a vacuum of power and protection on Fishman Island. With news of his death, rumors spread quickly among the pirates of the surrounding seas that the island was now vulnerable and without one of its great defenders. The most ruthless of pirates saw this as an opportunity too good to ignore. Attacks on Fishman Island increased, as bandits and brigands attempted to plunder its riches and enslave its population. The inhabitants, already grieving the loss of their hero, now found themselves facing a growing threat, as pirate ships roamed the surrounding waters, seeking to exploit the island's apparent weakness.

The escalation of the human pirates' abuses only further fanned the flames of hatred and distrust toward humans among the inhabitants of Fishman Island. Faced with this growing threat, a sense of anger and frustration grew within the Fishmen community, fueling resentment toward those they perceived as the perpetrators of their misfortunes.

In this climate of tension and uncertainty, an extremist group of fishmen, based in the fishmen's neighborhood, quickly gained influence and notoriety. Armed with fiery speeches and promises of revenge, these radical activists resonated with many residents who felt abandoned and betrayed by the outside world.

Soon, the influence of this extremist group extended beyond the working-class neighborhoods of Fishman Island, even reaching the upper echelons of society. Politicians and community leaders, eager to channel the anger and resentment of their people, began to listen attentively to the fiery speeches of these activists, seeking radical solutions to protect their people and avenge the memory of Jinbe.

Tensions between the fishmen and humans reached unprecedented heights, threatening to tear the fragile social balance of the island apart. Demonstrations and riots broke out sporadically, while anti-human slogans echoed in the streets, fueling the climate of fear and mistrust.