Seventeen

Isabelle Oliver

Isabelle Oliver

"Ready?" Maddox asks me.

After the rink, Roman took all of us out for an early lunch, which was uneventful. Theo and I talked mainly to Roman and Maddox, we ate the best chicken burgers then Finley and Noah rushed off somewhere to do something for the restaurant and Jude asked Roman to drop him off at a friend's house on the way home.

Then Roman made us have a little bit of relaxation time in our rooms, well mainly me, he wouldn't have made Theo do it if he didn't want to but any opportunity Theo got to be alone in his room, he took it.

I had spent the last hour hour and a half, first unpacking some of my things, then getting distracted by my things and spending the rest of the time going through said interesting things, that was until a couple of seconds ago when Maddox knocked on my door.

"I think so," I was slightly nervous but I was overall super excited.

"I have something for you." He tells me gently. I perked up immediately, I loved the presents. He pulls out a couple of bags, from one he pulls out a long shoe box, he opened it and takes out a pair of boots.

They were long boots that would go up to my knee, black ones with a zip on the side and a buckle on the top.

"For me?" I ask, picking up the leather boots, they felt nice but they were probably really expensive.

"Who else in this house has baby feet." Maddox teases, "And I haven't even finished giving you everything."

Next, he pulls out a helmet as well as a protective vest. And I don't know how Maddox did it but they all fit me perfectly.

"Go get ready, wear long tight trousers and a jacket, it's a little cold still." I nodded, doing what he instructed. I wore the same black leggings I had put on earlier but it might not be the best idea to do a riding lesson wearing a white sweater so I changed it to a dark green hoodie, I put on the riding boots and I don't know how Maddox knew to get the exact right size but he did.

I skipped downstairs, feeling eager to start my first lesson, I stopped by Theo's room but he wasn't there. I find him waiting with Maddox in the kitchen.

"Ready?" Maddox asks and I nod enthusiastically.

"Wait for me," Roman interjects, coming to stand behind me. I don't think he or Theo were coming to participate, rather offer their moral support. I grin, skipping ahead of my brothers as we head down the path to the field where the horses were kept in the day.

"How many horses do you have?" I ask curiously, they had a lot of them.

"Almost twenty-five, we have twenty-three and two pregnant mama's," Roman tells me, and I look at him excited. "It still takes a while, horses can be pregnant for up to a year, one of them is about five months along and the other is closer at nine months."