lunch

Camille

Camille

We had just finished a super hard training, it was mostly conditioning so it consisted of many suicides, sprints, wall sits and more. We all walked into the locker room to change, Paige and I raced there since she challenged me to a competition, she won but only because she bodied me out of the way through the first door we went through. Regardless of her pushing me, I couldn't help but think about what she said to me two days ago on our birthday. Her words replayed in my head. Each word was like its own separate disease trying to make me more and more lovesick for her and trying to make sure I never got over her.  She was so sweet and gentle yet funny and challenging. Getting over her was harder than I thought it was going to be.

I ran into the locker room after Paige, but when I got in there I was met with her looking down at me with a large smirk on her face, she loved it when she beat me at something. Even if it was something so simple as a race. 

"Took you long enough" she smirked, I took a step closer to her rolling my eyes.

"Not fair, you pushed me over" 

"you have to stand your ground a bit more than Madden" She took a step closer to me as she closed the gap between us. There was barely any space between us as she looked down at me. 

"you make it very hard" I didn't realise my reply would come off as flirty un till I said it, not like she would realise anyway. 

"do I?" she teased as I took my arm and pushed her out of the way so I could go sit down and change into my slides.

She laughed and took a seat next to me taking off her shoes, the others started to enter the locker room to grab their stuff. Everybody chatting and indulging in their conversations, I was talking to Paige of course, that was until our birthday dinner came up and everybody started talking about it.

"the food there was so good" Dorka said which made me laugh.

"yeah and I can't Yall's speeches made me cry for real" Nika added, my cheeks went pink as I thought about the moment, I looked at Paige who was smiling as well.

"What can I say, we are pretty cute," Paige said as she threw her arm over my shoulder, her interaction caused me to go insane.

"mhmm" I agreed as I looked at the girl, I realised our faces were close to each other so I shrugged which caused her arm to fall off of me. 

"It's crazy to think you guys deadass used to hate each other" Aaliyah exclaimed.

"what do you mean used to?" I joked, Paige whipped me with her towel which caused me to throw a water bottle at her, but before she could throw something back Azzi interrupted.

"you guys, for once don't break each other's faces" 

Paige and I stuck our tongues out at each other like children and caused the others to laugh.