Cɦɑpteɾ 49

♫ I know I'm not the best at choosing lovers
We both know my past speaks for itself ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

Our main priority was starting the process of telling everyone, so we had come up with some cute way of doing it. I bought Lucas those corny 'Big Brother in town' shirts, and Lucas came with me to ask for the supplies for the gender reveal. He carried the little envelope with the gender in his hand as his life depended on it.

I decided to order some cupcakes and cake pops with the gender color inside, whether it be blue or pink. But before we could go ahead, Charles insisted we buy a new car to replace the one that had been completely wrecked, so I walked there; it was all within fairly walking distance. He was there first, and I watched from the outside as he talked to a seller. I smiled and prepared to go inside when a security guard stopped us and did another staff member.

"Ma'am, the stand is reserved for now, we are trying to conduct a sale. We would appreciate if you don't bother us for a quick look around," the staff member comments and I look at his badge and I chuckle.

"This is a dealership to which I have all right to be in, I might be the sale you are looking for," I try to enter but the security guard stops me.

"We have a client inside, you will need to wait," she had this very superior look on her and I felt angry that I was going through this. I mean I am not wearing visible brands but I don't look like I can't afford this either.

"My boyfriend is inside, the car is for me. Or was, I don't even need that shit anymore if we are being honest. I might just go to Italy and provide a customer service report for how you handle the clients," I say as I take a step back and put my sunglasses back on.

"As if," Cynthia, as the badge mentioned, humorously comments as she turns around, and it pisses me off.

"Mon prince, go get daddy, please. Tell him mom wants to go home; we aren't buying anything here," I ask him as I step outside, and she turns around confused.

"Dad!" Lucas loudly says as he runs to Charles, who turns around completely clueless.

"Mon prince, where's mom?" He asks confusedly as he looks around and I smile, waving at him and signaling him to come over.

"It's time to go," I say before kissing his lips lightly, and he nods worriedly.

"Did something happen? Do you not feel good?" He asks. He looks down at my belly, and I hold his hand.

"They were so busy with you that they didn't even bother to let me in. Even if I was another customer, this is just ridiculous," I say, and he seems taken aback.

"That's fine. I can call some people, and we can go to Italy and choose a car there; we can get around it," he says as he holds Lucas' hand.

"Sir, we didn't know you had company; we are sorry to have bothered you. We just wanted to ensure your privacy," she tried to save her ass, but I wasn't exactly feeling it.

"Yeah, good customer service still includes serving other customers instead of stopping them from coming in. The car was for her, not me. I can't force her to buy a car she doesn't want," he says calmly before we walk away to his car.

"When are you going to Maranello? We can go there when we finish work," I ask as he starts driving, and he nods.

"Next week, I think, are you ready for the season to start and you to be back to work onsite?" He asks curiously and I thought about it.

"Maybe, but I am seriously reconsidering asking for a position where I can work from home permanently. Two kids won't allow me to follow you around to every single race, and even if it did, I still need to be with them," I comment, and he seems to agree.

"Fred has mentioned the possibility. I think he is open to it." He is positive, and so am I.

The most difficult part has been done. I survived. Lucas is in therapy; I am recovering, only my wrist needs two more weeks, and I am good to go. We asked our families to be here on Saturday; they would come after lunch when everything would be ready for the great news; Lucas would receive them with the shirt on, the cupcakes and the cake pops would be there as a snack, and we would see how both sides take the news.

Saturday rolled around, and I noticed how Charles was nervous, but he did pick up everything. I had a cute sundress that slightly showed the little belly I had, it was easy to hide at this point. But I wanted to share some good news after the stress everyone went through with that damn accident, they even wondered if Sylvie had returned to kill me or something but I am glad it wasn't or I would've committed a crime probably.

She has appeared once or twice every year, whether in Monaco or at some Grand Prix, each time with a different boyfriend and the same envy in her eyes. Poor girl doesn't like that I'm living the life she wishes she had.

I heard the doorbell ring and the voices outside. Did everyone get here together? This is even better. I looked at Lucas, who looked pumped to be the one giving the novelty away, and I smiled as I leaned into Charles. We waited to see their reactions while Charles had his phone recording discreetly.

"I don't have all day," my dad says impatiently. I laugh as Lucas runs to open the door.

It's all or nothing. They either get it or they don't. And it took them longer than I expected as everyone greeted everyone before I saw my dad looking at Lucas's shirt. Will he get it?

--------------------

Hello loves!

As I post this I am completely speechless with everything that has happened in the last few months. I posted the first chapter on the 1st of January to mark the New Year and to gift everyone who supported me in 2023.

Little did I know that this would be my most loved story and the one where I've felt more confident writing. I can only continue to thank you all for the votes and comments but especially for all the love and support you've shown me.

No matter how busy life got I always had a bigger will to write more knowing people enjoyed it and I am glad to have made such good friends. 1 Million views is the goal I would never thought I would reach but here we are less than two years into the account.

Thank you every single one of the million views, almost 40K votes and the 6K+ of comments. They are the very needed fuel for me to keep going. I love writing so much and sharing it with you all is a blessing 🥹

I have a lot of stories drafted and I hope to keep being someone whose writing you continue to like and support.

Love you all to the moon and back ❤️❤️❤️