Part 14 |The Case of the Nasty Little Sprites|

"plus, I'm very open-minded and also very concerned about bursting open. "Honestly, I just find her so charming." Edwin said, enamored by the oddity that is Niko.

"Okay. Please tell me you've figured it out," Crystal huffed, walking over to Charles, on the other side of the bed. Edwin and I followed suit, all crowding around one another. Charles stood at the head of the bed, Edwin at the foot, with me and Crystal in between.

"We found a sacred vase at the shrine." Edwin began.

"That's good," I nodded.

"What good?" Niko asked with a new found enthusiasm.

"They found a sacred vase at the shrine," Crystal relayed what Edwin had said.

"That sounds good." It was nice to see Niko's smile return.

"Then Charles dropped it." Edwin continued, with an unintentionally comical vigour.

"Shit," I let out a painful sigh.

"No," Crystal covered her eyes.

"And we need that sacred vase to trap the sprites." Edwin added.

"Charles, you dropped it?" Crystal questioned angrily.

"Didn't mean to," Charles responded with annoyance,.

Niko's smile was gone again, confusion returning. "Who's Charles?" She asked.

"The teenage ghost boy," I answered, nodding my head in his direction even though she couldn't see him.

"The teenage ghost boy who dropped the vase," Crystal spoke quickly after me.

"That sounds bad," Niko's shoulders dropped.

"She says that sounds bad," Crystal repeated Niko's words, forgetting that Niko wasn't the ghost in this situation... yet.

"We can hear her!" Edwin's tone became almost angry.

"Don't yell at me. He's the one that dropped the stupid vase!" Crystal yelled back.

"Okay, okay. All right. No need for you lot to pile it on." Charles closed the book, handed it back to Edwin, and walked over to his bag.

Edwin and Crystal shared a mutually annoyed glance. "You two need to relax." Niko tilted her head to the side. "Not you Niko... you definitely have a right to panic."

"Y/N?!" Crystal hissed, hitting my arm.

"What? She has demon fairies in her!"

Charles rummaged through his magic backpack, "now, I know I dropped the enchanted vessel, but just hold up a tick." The three of us curiously moved over to him as he continued to sift through his things. "We may not have the enchanted vase, but we do have... an enchanted jar." He pulled out the enchanted glass jar that Mick gave us not too long ago. "That's what Mick said, right? Enchanted to sound to sound like the sea. A vessel, innit?" He sounded so proud of himself.

"Charles, that's brilliant," Edwin smiled for the first time since we'd gotten into the room.

Charles flipped the jar upside down, spilling the contents of the jar all over the floor, "dude..." My nose instinctively wrinkled, "... on the floor?"

Charles shrugged as he handed some strange little objects to Edwin.

"Um..." I heard Niko speak up, "do you guys see that floating jar too, or am I hallucinating?"