X

Cale realized something he should not have without making a single apology.

"You are sighing," Felix said, smiling at him. Athanasia was still sound asleep in his arms. They are still in the library, but Claude left earlier than them. "Should I be carrying her?"

He raised his hands in refusal. Cale quickly sat down straight. His baby dragon instinctively latched onto his back, while the kittens sat on Athanasia's lap. He stood up and carried the princess with care. It is late at night already.

He escorted her back to the Emerald Palace, causing all servants to look his way.

Nobles would only try to curry favor with royalty for favor. That is the norm, the most common thing in the world to occur.

However, this red-haired prime minister from a neighboring country was willing to go to war for a child. Everyone witnessed the absolute forces that propelled the Rowoon Empire to its current state. As a result, all of the servants became subservient to the superpower before them.

It was an unspoken rule for heads of state not to meet for the sake of safety, but they realized that even without their Emperor, the Rowoon Empire could exist on its own. It prided itself on being the land of survivors.

The newly established empire featured a golden dragon, a necromancer, a swordmaster, a mage tower master, and a fearless commander. That display of absolutes might terrify the nobles of the Obelian Empire. They knew Claude was fearsome and terrifying, but he was a one-man army. He is the most powerful person in Obelia.

Rowoon Kingdom, on the other hand, is the sum of all manpower, led by a single man.

Nobody could deny that the strength of the two empires differed. Both are equally terrifying, but in terms of warfare?

If it's against the leaders, Obelia would undoubtedly win, but in terms of forces, Rowoon has the advantage. Except for the Emperor, the owner of the Black Tower, and Felix Robane, no one could stand up to a large group of people.

That is where the difference in strength exists.

If such a man favored the princess, she would be the best asset for maintaining peace in the Empire. Whatever happened, they were all confident that the people of the neighboring country would protect her.

"This way to Her Highness' room," explained Lillian, Athanasia's nanny. Cale walked through the halls, noting how beautiful the current palace was.

Yes, it is more suitable for her.

He smiled as he entered the princess's bedroom. He tucked her into bed and took his children into his arms. He left a basket of cookies that he had prepared beforehand, but it appears that the children want to stay with her, as they all jumped down on the bed and snuggled close to her.

They're letting me sleep alone, eh?

He chuckled and continued on his way. Everything will be fine as long as Raon and Eruhaben share a connection.

"I will come visit tomorrow, and I will leave my children here with her," he told Lillian, who bowed respectfully.

"Yes, Your Excellency," Lilian responded. She looked at Cale, who had a gentle smile on his face. Few people would smile at the princess; the rest were all attempting to gain her favors and use her for political purposes, but Lilian could tell that the man in front of her adored her lady with all his might.

"Isn't she adorable?" she asked.

Cale looked at her and smiled, "Indeed."

"Does Your Excellency like children?"