311-320

Chapter 311 – Return to the Capital

Kang Kang followed Jiang Junmo in the evening.

Lu Xia and Jiang Junmo had initially agreed that one of them would sleep during the first half of the night, and the other during the second half. However, neither of them managed to sleep during the first half of the night due to the crying of the child.

By the time the second half of the night arrived, Jiang Junmo let Lu Xia sleep first, while he stayed awake to watch over. As a result, when Lu Xia woke up, it was already dawn.

She peeked out and saw that Jiang Junmo was already packing things.

Lu Xia carefully examined him to see if he had any dark circles under his eyes.

After noticing her actions, Jiang Junmo smiled and said, “Don’t worry, I managed to catch a little nap last night too, so I’m not too tired.”

Lu Xia wasn’t entirely convinced and was annoyed at herself for sleeping so deeply.

However, it was too late to think about these things now. The train was about to reach the station, and she needed to get up as well.

After the two of them got up and freshened up, had a bit of food, Jiang Junmo checked his watch and said, “I estimate we’ll arrive in about an hour.”

Lu Xia nodded, feeling somewhat nervous, and asked, “Do you still remember the way after getting off the train?”

Jiang Junmo laughed, “Of course, don’t worry. I won’t get us lost. Besides, I’ve already sent a telegram to my family in advance. Grandpa should arrange for someone to pick us up.”

Upon hearing this, Lu Xia breathed a sigh of relief. She had been wondering how to take public transportation earlier.

When the broadcast announced the arrival at the Beijing station, Lu Xia and Jiang Junmo struggled to get off the train with Kang Kang in her arms and luggage in his hands. The several people in the same compartment had disappeared at some point.

Beijing’s train station was particularly large, and after disembarking, the place was bustling with people. It took them quite a while to reach the exit.

Lu Xia had been wondering how they would contact the people from the Jiang family who came to pick them up, especially since they didn’t have cell phones.

However, after they exited the station, they found many people holding name signs to pick up others.

And quickly, from the crowd, Lu Xia spotted their names.

It was a young man holding a cardboard sign, and his military uniform made him stand out.

Jiang Junmo seemed quite calm after seeing him.

He led the two of them straight over.

“Comrade, hello, I’m Jiang Junmo, and this is my wife, Lu Xia.”

The young man had already seen their photos before coming, but he was still a bit surprised to see them in person. They were indeed a good-looking couple!

He also looked at the child in Jiang Junmo’s arms and thought, even the child is so adorable!

So he quickly said, “Hello to both of you, I’m a security officer under Old General Jiang. You can call me Xiao Yu. It’s been a hard journey. The car is parked outside. Let’s go.”

With that, he reached out and took the luggage from Lu Xia’s hands. Lu Xia hesitated but had no choice but to let him.

This Xiao Yu seemed to be quite talkative. Throughout the journey, he engaged in a lot of conversation with them.