9-10

Chapter 9 - An Extraordinary Blind Date

The female immediately expressed admiration, "Then you must have great knowledge. I love talented people!"

Then she heard the cool response from the male, "You'll be disappointed. I don't have much talent. I'm just an ordinary person who likes to draw to pass the time."

"Uh..." The female seemed surprised by his words, then quickly said, "That's still impressive. I also like to draw, but I'm not good at it. Could you teach me in the future?"

From these words, it was evident that the female had further intentions.

As expected, the male chuckled in satisfaction, "As long as you like it, since you think it's suitable, let me tell you about my situation too."

Without waiting for the female's response, he continued, "I just graduated from high school. Due to health reasons, I currently don't have a job. The person who introduced us probably told you, my parents have passed away, and I was raised by my sisters since I was little. Now my sisters are already married, and I have a small house left by my parents.

If we get married, I'll provide the house, and my grandpa will support the medicine expenses for my health every month. However, I won't be able to support the family financially, so you might need to take that responsibility.

Of course, I'll also contribute to this household. I learned how to do laundry, cook, and take care of children from my sisters since I was young. I will definitely take good care of the family, and you can handle the rest!"

"Huh? ...What?" Not only the female but even Lu Xia, who was openly eavesdropping, was dumbfounded after hearing this conversation.

On the other hand, the male seemed unaffected and continued, "Actually, my family found a relaxed job for me before, but I didn't like it, so I refused. But don't worry, I'll take care of the family and ensure you won't have any worries. But in that case, you'll have to pay me a salary every month since I'll be working for the family too."

Upon hearing this, the female finally reacted and asked incredulously, "So, you rejected the job and went on a blind date with me just to find a wife to support you? Are you planning to rely on someone else for a living?"

The male remained calm and replied, "How can you call it relying on someone else? Who said husbands must be the ones going out to work? I just want to find a wife who can support me financially."

After hearing his matter-of-fact response, the female seemed taken aback. Her previous infatuation vanished instantly, and her expression turned sour.

Then she left, muttering "crazy" under her breath.

Shortly after, Lu Xia saw a girl wearing yellow overalls running past her, her beautiful face full of indignation.

Soon, the other protagonist also appeared in front of her.

Lu Xia looked up and was stunned!

My goodness! Is this person really from the 1970s? Isn't he a modern male idol?

No, he's even more handsome than a male idol!

He had fair skin, phoenix eyes, a high nose bridge, and lips that looked naturally tinted, with even a small dimple on his cheek. My goodness! His appearance perfectly matched her aesthetics, making her unable to resist taking another look.

He's so tall too, probably around 180 cm. It's rare to see such height in this era!

The only regret might be his health, which seemed not very good; his pale complexion suggested so. No wonder he needed to take medicine every month.