Chapter 19: Welcome to the Coliseum

/Chapter 19: Welcome to the Coliseum

Percy shadow traveled the foursome to the coliseum in Rome. They stood twenty feet away from the ruins of the building. Percy took a step forward but Jason put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"We don't have a god."/

"We will," Percy said, really hoping he was right.

/Percy nodded, "They'll come. Artemis gave me her word that when the time came, most of the gods wouldn't let us down. If there is one Olympian outside my dad I trust, it's Artemis."/

Artemis smiled. "I never break my promises," she said.

/Zoë smiled at Percy's words before Jason spoke.

"I'm guessing my Dad isn't one of the ones we can count on."/

"Definitely not," Percy said. "No offense."

"Percy, if I interfere, it'll just make things worse," Zeus said. "It's what happens when any of the Big Three interfere. Heck, The Big 6 should never interfere in any mission. The times we've had it has ended in war and bloodshed."

"That might be the first reasonable explanation you've given," Percy said. "But I still think it's bullshit. In times of crisis, in times where your daughter and son's life is on the line, you would do nothing and then blame someone else for your own faults. We suffer from your sins when you sit down and shut up. Maybe keep it in your pants if you're going to have us die on your behalf."

/Percy shook his head while looking a bit sympathetic.

"It's not that he won't fight, it's just his pride was wounded when Hera and Artemis went behind his back. He'll get over it before the war is over, I am sure of it."

Jason scowled, "People say I'm lucky to be the son of the King of the Gods, gee, lucky me."

Percy shrugged, "Doesn't mean you're anything like him. Come on, we've got my siblings to save and a few giants to slay. Let's show them how powerful the big three can be if they would just work together."

Jason's eyes hardened before he nodded his head in agreement, "Let's do it."/

"Here we go," Percy said.

/The group made their way into the coliseum. When they entered, they were confused; there wasn't a soul to be seen anywhere in the area. No giants. No monsters. Not even a damn tourist or tour guide.

Percy's face turned to one of grief. "We must be too late."

Zoë shook her head. "What's that noise?"/

"Nothing good probably," Percy said.

/Percy raised an eyebrow and concentrated. Faintly, he could hear rumbling and creaking, like a huge machine needed oiling.

"It's coming from below us." Piper said looking a bit confused.

"That is where the gladiators were kept during the games in ancient Rome. There is a whole other level below us where they would keep the props and anything else they needed for the games. " Jason said looking around. "But I'm not sure how to get there. There must be some type of entrance or something..."

Percy cut him off as he uncapped Anaklusmos, "I don't have time for that. We're making an entrance."/

"Gotta make an entrance with style," Ares said. "Motorcycle, gatling gun, something to make a show."

/Without another word, he raised his blade before slamming it into the ground with a powerful strike, opening up a crack in the ground big enough for them to slip into.