Love Shot #13: Marcelo's Ballad

A/N: this is dedicated to a friend of mine 

It was supposed to be a quiet day but the waves that day had been violently crashing against the shore. Matthew sat on a rock with a can of beer quietly watching the waves and the sun as it slowly sunk on the horizon much like how he has been feeling the past few days...

"Hey"

Elysia lightly patted Matt's back and he said right beside her friend, "you okay?"

"Of course. I'm always okay. That's how it's supposed to be."

She sighed and elbowed him lightly, "you're human... you're allowed to feel and express emotions. Unless you're telling me, you've gotten upgraded to an android just because Rowan isn't here."

Matt chuckled lightly and chugged the can of beer he was holding, "I do miss talking to Rowan... but I'll hold off until he's here. Thanks Eli."

"Part of the job Matt... seriously though and I know I'm bad at giving advice...you'll push through. Love is... one hell of a rollercoaster ride and we won't know if the partner we chose to ride with us can hold on or let go. That's just the way it is."

Elysia pats Matthew's back twice and walks away, leaving him to think for himself. She can force him to talk but it won't be good for him, which is what she is concerned about.

Leo was waiting inside the cabin for Elysia and Matthew, "how's he?"

"Leave him be... he'll be okay."

Leo nodded and said nothing except for giving a last look at Matthew before getting inside their cabin.

===========================================================

Another swig of beer...two... what could have gone wrong... was it my fault? They said it wasn't, but why does it feel like it is...

The first time I saw you... was love at first sight... but it wasn't meant to be as I can only love you from afar...the timing was not right on both our side...there was someone I was committed to, and it would be unfair to pursue you when I wasn't free to love you completely.