3: Confronting the Truth

Zhang Yue's heart raced as she searched for Li Wei, determined to confront him about the secrets she had uncovered. She finally found him in his recording studio, his eyes fixed on the music sheets in front of him.

"Li Wei, we need to talk," she said, her voice firm but shaking with emotion.

He looked up, his expression calm, but his eyes betraying a hint of guilt. "What is it, Zhang Yue?"

She took a deep breath, her words spilling out in a rush. "I know about the room, Li Wei. I know about the surveillance, the monitoring. I know you've been keeping secrets from me."

Li Wei's expression changed, his eyes widening in surprise, but he quickly recovered. "Zhang Yue, it's not what you think."

"Don't lie to me!" she interrupted, her voice rising. "I saw the screens, Li Wei. I saw the photos, the videos. You've been watching me, monitoring my every move."

Li Wei sighed, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "I know, Zhang Yue. And I'm sorry. But please, let me explain."

Zhang Yue's anger boiled over, but she forced herself to listen, her heart heavy with doubt and fear.

"Explain what, Li Wei? Explain why you've been lying to me, why you've been keeping secrets from me?"

Li Wei's eyes dropped, his voice barely above a whisper. "I was trying to protect you, Zhang Yue. From the paparazzi, from the fans, from the world. I didn't want you to get hurt."

Zhang Yue's laughter was bitter. "Protect me? By lying to me, by monitoring my every move? That's not protection, Li Wei. That's control."

Li Wei's face twisted in pain, but Zhang Yue didn't care. She was done with his secrets, done with his lies.

"Zhang Yue, please," he whispered, his voice cracking. "Don't leave me. I love you."

But Zhang Yue just shook her head, her heart breaking into a million pieces.

"I loved you too, Li Wei. But now, I don't even know who you are."

With that, she turned and walked away, leaving Li Wei's secrets, and his lies, behind.

Zhang Yue stormed out of the recording studio, her heart heavy with sorrow and anger. She couldn't believe Li Wei's deception. She thought she knew him, but now she realized she didn't know him at all.

As she walked through the mansion, she felt like a stranger in a strange land. Everything seemed different, tainted by Li Wei's lies.

She reached her room and slammed the door shut, locking it behind her. She couldn't bear the thought of facing Li Wei again, of seeing his deceitful eyes.

She collapsed on the bed, tears streaming down her face. She felt like she'd lost her innocence, like she'd been living in a dream world.

Just then, her phone rang. It was her best friend, Rachel.

"Hey, girl! How's life with the rockstar?" Rachel asked, her voice cheerful.

Zhang Yue burst into tears, unable to hold back her emotions. "Rachel, it's all a lie. Li Wei's been keeping secrets from me, monitoring my every move. I feel like a prisoner."

Rachel's tone turned serious. "Oh, Zhang Yue, I'm so sorry. What are you going to do?"

Zhang Yue sniffled, determination rising within her. "I'm going to leave him, Rachel. I deserve better than a life of lies and control."

Rachel's voice was firm. "I'm with you, girl. We'll get through this together."

Zhang Yue smiled, feeling a sense of hope for the first time since discovering Li Wei's secrets. She knew she had a long road ahead, but with Rachel by her side, she was ready to face whatever came next.