)9(

Mr Paula, our fashion course lecturer stands in front looking smart with a neatly trimmed beard and a receding hairline. His aviator glasses shining from his forehead as he looked up from his papers.

"Why are y'all groaning and crying over a simple assignment?" He asks, his voice booming throughout the classroom. "One at a time please!" He hisses.

Some girl in a purple shirt pipes up, "Sir, a week to design and sew a complete outfit?  That's barely enough time to pick out fabric!"

True.

Even though I preferred working alone, the work itself was daunting. A week was too short, at least two weeks was justifiable.

"Who says it's individual work?" His calm raspy voice retorted. "Of course a week is pretty of time. In fact, I was considering making it a two-day project, but I decided to be generous."

'Generous' he says. His definition of genorosity must be questionable.

"Now, if I were you all, I wouldn't waste any more time grumbling.  Get yourselves down to the fashion lab and start brainstorming your designs."

At this point, I was sure my nerves could be seen pooping on my forehead as I gritted my teeth silently. Having to come to school was already strenuous and getting to deal with a patner was even more strenuous.

Obviously Vivian was going to pair up with Olivia, her study buddy. When it came to school issues, she wanted the best results and grades which counted me off the ladder. Besides that, all of us sucked at sewing, which was understandable.

Hence, I don't think anyone was even willing to pull me up as their patner. Only Vivian was kind enough these whole years to force her love on me.

"Why do you seem super mad? I mean you always are, but right now you're fuming mad." Asante's words refrains me from breaking the pencil in my hands. My mind snapping back to reality as I let out a sigh once again.

"Mind your own please." I say not turning in his direction, not even once. Even though he might have saved me from overthinking, I wasn't going to be on his knees thanking him.

"It isn't as interesting as it seems." He replies making me turn towards his direction. "Come on Lexie, tell me what's wrong?"

His hand is supporting his cheeks, his face holding more calmness than a monk. How does he manage to stay so vibrant in this kind of situation. Prior to him, my anger was escalating. The nervousness to be tied up with new people was dawning up on me.

I sigh, "I'm fine."

A small smile tugs his lips, "alright then if you say so. But if you need a partner in crime, I'm right here."

My heart skipped a beat. He was willing to be my partner? Asante? My partner? A blush wiggled my cheeks, I turned around quickly to hide a small smile forming on my lips.

But why exactly was I excited?

Was it the feeling of being chosen or the feeling that he was the one who chose me?

"Let's just go." I say lifting my body from the desk, suppresding my emotions. "Does it mean you're my partner?"

Why is he even interested in being around me? I'm obnoxious, annoying, moody, socially unpleasing and anything that wasn't breathtaking to be around.

"O-

"Asante, will you be my partner?" A girly voice from behind me asks, furiating my temper. At last when I was about to have a moment, someone decided to ruin it.

The girl was even pretty with the green pencil dress she was putting on. I wouldn't blame him for changing his decision. I wouldn't choose me either... Over anyone I guess. Everyone was better off.

"Sorry, but I'm already partnering up with Lexie." He smiles staring at me. Gosh this man was going to be the death of me.

Why did he have to say my name out loud? I sighed throwing my head backwards. But still, even though I hate to admit it... Those few words made my heart less heavy as my lips widened.

One more minute standing besides him, I was going to burst up blushing with the way his eyes were dawning on me. As if he was a proud boyfriend, showcasing his girlfriend to the world.

I stepped away but still I could hear Asante's footsteps trailing behind me as we exited the class. Goosebumps elapsed on my skin the more realization had kicked in that I was getting fond of him.

Reaching the fashion laboratory, the whole room was filled with unpersuasive noises as everyone seemed to concentrate.

"Lexie!" Asante's voice calls out. Turning around I spot him waving at me. A girl walks over to him, handing over a chair, "I kept it for you!" She says excited.

"Oh, thank you." He answered awkwardly as he received it. Sadness had erupted my mind, but what did I expect? He was one of the most wanted guys.

"Come on, don't be boring. Sit with us, I can be a better partner." She says fiddling with his hoodie strings.

My heart sinks, both in denial and jealousy. One, why was it hurting when I didn't like him. Two, if I were the girl he could have easily liked me. Maybe if I were so slim, light skinned and beautiful. Maybe I could have been approached by boys, more frequently?

My hand getting pulled up forcefully but yet delicately, retrieves my mind back to reality. I guess I had zoomed out again. Realization kicks in, Asante had my hand wrapped in his.

It should be the warmness of his hand that electrocuted my nerves. Yes, of course it was. I have never felt like this before. Maybe because I've never gotten hold of any guy's hands... Ever?

"Take a seat." He commands and I slip out my hand from his. The loneliness I felt in my heart was even deeper than the pacific ocean.

But I was used.

"No, that seat was reserved specially for you. You sit, I'll stand." I state avoiding eye contact.

"Lexie," He pleads his voice a murmur. "If you don't sit down I will be forced to make you sit myself."

With a mocking laugh I state, "How are you going to make me sit?"

Without any proper warning, he snakes his hands around my waist. His other hand wrapped around my knees as he lifts me up. His eyes sticking into mine, he lowers my body on the chair slowly.

My brain still malfunctioning of what had just happened, commotion of gossip and unpleasant voices circulating around.

"Are they dating?"

My heart neglected the murmurs circulating around as I navigated what I had just felt. I wasn't sure of what had just happened with my body.

I didn't know if I was possessed or not. But I found myself standing up, saying to him. "Can you carry me just like that... Again?"

.

I'm supper excited for the next chapter! I have a surprise coming ahead! 🤭

Thank you for reading till this far!

Don't forget to vote, comment and give me a follow 😉❤️