7

Ever since Haruka noticed the Vice Admiral's strange reaction, she had been observing her more. She was back to being that lazy, indifferent child, but at times she was lost in thought, suspended, absent.

Haruka didn't know if she should or shouldn't bring up this topic.

Just as she was afraid of what she didn't know about her superior, she was even more afraid of what she might find out. She was afraid that their relationship would deteriorate, that it might be a sensitive topic.

She didn't want her black-haired child to turn out to be someone else. What if, in fact, she was someone she could despise, someone with a nasty nature?

Leona D. Monkey is a person who doesn't worry about what people say about her. It was the first thing Haruka discovered when they first met.

She is lazy, indifferent, often uninterested in life or quickly loses interest. However, there are moments when she goes crazy and acts like a damn child and she smears face with positive energy. She treat people younger than her as children.

She eats tons and doesn't care if she gets dirty or has any rules of behavior. And Haruka could list many of her flaws, of which she had plenty.

But she is a good human. She cares about people in her own way. She is loyal to her beliefs.

What if all her good nature was just a lie?

Haruka guessed she must have been acting strange. Definitely.

Haruka swallowed nervously, looking at Leona's face. She was left alone with her when she called her.

"What did you want?" Haruka asked, feeling embarrassed that she couldn't be a good actor.

"Nothing?" Leona said, slightly surprised. "Or rather, what we always do, after all, we always eat dinner together, right? You haven't been coming lately, so I decided to remind you. I miss talking to you"

Haruka blushed with embarrassment. How could she not have guessed this? And why had she forgotten their tradition? She wanted to hit her head hard with something.

"Are you okay?" Leona asked after chewing a bite of the rolls. "You don't look good."

"I've been feeling worse lately," Haruka said quickly, deciding to take advantage of the fact that Leona herself had given her this idea. "But it's nothing serious, just weakness."

Haruka took a quick bite of the roll.

Serious Leona placed the roll on the plate, folding her hands. Haruka became worried about this, feeling her body getting hot. Did she say something wrong?

"You're pregnant?" Leona said directly.

Haruka choked on her bun. She clenched her fists, blushed and looked at Leone in disbelief.

"Of course not! Who do you think I am!?"

Leona sighed.

"That's great. Because I'd have to send you back to your hometown or something, while you're pregnant and all."

"But you don't have to, because I'm not!" Haruka said, crying over her superior. "Where did this idea come from? I'm not even in a relationship, let alone with a child!"

Leona just shrugged.

"I don't know. You've been spending a lot of time with Olivier lately, so I thought it was something like that."

Haruka thought for a moment. Who the hell would I be, Olivier? She had an epiphany.

"Is this the new cook?"

"Yes, this one," Leona muttered, biting a roll.

Haruka slapped her forehead with her hand.

"I guess it makes sense that since he's new and a beginner, I pay him a little more attention. First, I need to know what level his skills and knowledge are. Secondly, I have to teach him new things and make sure he does everything right." Haruka sighed and then smiled mockingly. "Seriously, how could you even think about it?"

"Be silent" ​​Leona muttered, biting into her fourth roll.

Haruka smiled gently. There's no way her Vice Admiral's nature was fake. Her words, behavior and gestures are too natural to be an act. True..?