4

Did she like the life of a marine? Virtually always.

Did she like the fact that all her siblings became pirates? No.

Did she do anything to dissuade them from the idea? No.

If she had the chance to persuade them to give up piracy, would she do it? Absolutely not.

"Shoot," she just muttered to the soldier standing next to her.

"Hai!" He saluted her, then turned to the soldiers running around the deck. " Shoot!"

Her hand shook as she stirred the tea with the spoon. She didn't know what to think or feel. I didn't know if she was sad or angry. Maybe both. Yes, both.

She was clutching the damn newspaper in one hand, wanting to tear it up and burn it, wanting to take her emotion out on it, as if all the anger she felt was her fault.

Ace has been caught.

This shouldn't be possible. Her brother was strong, he should have been with the Whitebeard pirates, he should have been relatively safe.

Why is this happening?

She grabbed a cup and drank. Her facial expression was calm. Why couldn't she keep this calm on her shaking hands?

She put down her drink and looked at the newspaper again.

Indifferent, she crushed it and threw it backwards, at the soldier waiting for orders.

"Vice Admiral..?"

"Burn it."