Chapter 208: Three Unusual Individuals

The phone abruptly ceased, leaving only the echoing "beep beep" in the control room.
Zhang Yi sat in his chair, his eyelids drooping as he pondered. He had initially thought it would be simple to retrieve someone from somewhere. But now, it seemed there was more trouble ahead. And he was not someone who liked trouble!At that moment, Yang Mi suddenly hugged Zhang Yi's arm nervously. "Zhang Yi..."Her eyes were filled with pleading, even shimmering with tears. Her sister's danger made her particularly anxious, and all she could do was implore Zhang Yi to go save her.Zhang Yi looked at Yang Mi and Zhou Ke'er, smiling slightly. "Don't worry, I promised to rescue her, so I will."Although things might get complicated, for Zhang Yi as he was now, it wasn't difficult. After all — he had two unusual assistants now!Summoning Uncle You, using him as a tank to lead the way, while Fatty Xu controlled the situation as a mage, and Zhang Yi lurked at the back waiting for the right moment. If things went south, he could flee immediately. The formation was simply perfect!In the early stages of the apocalypse, a combination of three unusual individuals could dominate most territories. Besides, he really needed a top-notch computer expert now.After reassuring Yang Mi and Zhou Ke'er, Zhang Yi went to contact Uncle You and Fatty Xu, asking them to accompany him. Uncle You readily agreed, while Fatty Xu, not daring to defy Zhang Yi's wishes, agreed too, seeing it as a simple search and rescue mission.Realizing that Yang Xinxin was in danger, Zhang Yi wasted no time. After they were ready, they would depart for Tianqing Academy tomorrow.As for the eerie and ghostly cry he heard over the phone, Zhang Yi could guess what it might be. Either a genetically mutated individual or some other type of mutated creature. Although it sounded terrifying, the fact that Yang Xinxin, a girl paralyzed in both legs, could survive for a month indicated that whatever it was, Zhang Yi and his three unusual assistants could handle it.On the eve of departure, Zhang Yi checked his weapons and equipment in his room. Since they might encounter mutants, he had to be more cautious than when dealing with ordinary people. Even his pistols were replaced with more powerful ones loaded with armor-piercing rounds. These pistols had greater recoil but were absolutely reliable in terms of firepower. Other equipment was prepared as usual, some carried on his person while larger weapons were stored in the dimensional space, all loaded and ready to be deployed at any time.The next morning, Yang Mi and Zhou Ke'er woke up early to prepare a sumptuous breakfast for Zhang Yi. Of course, Zhang Yi wouldn't take them along. Despite witnessing some harsh scenes, when faced with life and death, they might panic. Plus, they had no combat capability; they would only be a burden.Seeing the table full of delicious food, Zhang Yi didn't eat much, just sampling each dish. Eating too much would affect his mobility, especially avoiding drinking too much soup and porridge. Urgency might arise during the journey, and he didn't want to freeze his 'little brother' while urinating in the cold.After a previous incident, Zhang Yi never ate too much before going out, nor did he drink too much water. Of course, if his energy was depleted, there was plenty of food and water in the dimensional space to replenish him.After breakfast, Zhang Yi's phone rang, it was Fatty Xu calling. He picked up, "Hello.""Zhang Ge, I've crossed the river! I'm waiting for you by the roadside!" Fatty Xu knew that traps surrounded Zhang Yi's house; he didn't dare come over. Even now, his elder and younger brothers were buried under that snow!"Wait for me a moment, I'll be right over." Zhang Yi hung up, then turned to Yang Mi and Zhou Ke'er, who were eagerly looking at him. "I'm leaving! While I'm gone, for your safety, stay in the basement."Yang Mi asked foolishly, "Why go to the basement? Isn't this house safe?"Zhou Ke'er pulled her, "Just do as he says!"Zhou Ke'er knew Zhang Yi too well, understanding his purpose in doing so. The information about the person they were rescuing came from them; it was their sister. So, there was a possibility this was a trap they set up together to deceive Zhang Yi. Although the probability was minuscule from various perspectives, Zhang Yi never believed in probability theory; he only believed in himself.Feeling inexplicable, Yang Mi followed Zhang Yi and Zhou Ke'er to the underground floor.Zhang Yi locked them separately in rooms made of alloy, closing the doors with his highest authority key. Before he returned, no one could open the doors to let them out. "This way, even if someone breaks in, your safety won't be threatened!"Zhang Yi smiled. Before leaving, he left them with enough food and water, independent bathrooms, so they wouldn't worry about cleanliness.Zhou Ke'er gently smiled, "Hmm, thank you, Zhang Yi! We'll wait for your return!"Yang Mi probably understood what was going on by now. Although being suspected made her uncomfortable, since Zhang Yi was going to rescue her sister, she didn't feel angry."Zhang Yi, you must bring Xinxin back safely!" Yang Mi clasped her hands together, nervously pleading.Zhang Yi touched his nose, smiling, "As long as she's safe when I get there, I'll bring her back to you intact!"After getting Zhang Yi's promise, Yang Mi sighed in relief, patting her pounding heart. She blew a kiss to Zhang Yi, "After you come back, I'll take good care of you!"Zhang Yi gritted his teeth, "You just make sure to clean yourself up and wait for me!""What? Clean myself up!" Yang Mi was shocked, instinctively covering her perky buttocks, stepping back step by step.Zhang Yi left with a big laugh.Blushing, Yang Mi bit her lip, murmuring, "It's my first time there, I heard it's very painful."But if Zhang Yi really helped her rescue her sister, she... she wouldn't mind rewarding Zhang Yi once. After all, everything had a first time, and flowers always bloomed more vigorously....Zhang Yi locked the two women in the alloy rooms, then stepped out of the house, taking a deep breath.If possible, he didn't want to be wary of everyone around him. But the situation demanded it; to live securely, he had to be cautious in everything, never letting his guard down.Moreover, the underground house was very comfortable and warm, and he left plenty of food for them. They would be much more comfortable there than risking outside like him.Thinking so, Zhang Yi didn't see any problem with what he did.