▪viii: i like me better II▪

"There is something wrong with you, Zamani. It is obvious. I can see it and I see the way you try so hard to find relief in pain."

"You don't see me, Orion." The tears I have been holding back threatened to spill and there was no absolute way I will cry in the presence of Orion.

He moved closer to me and lifted my chin up. "I see you, Zamani."

"No." I whipped my head away from him, as tears began streaming down my face. "You don't know me."

He turned my face towards him as he leaned closer and began kissing my tears. My heart fluttered, as a kaleidoscope of butterflies swirled in my stomach. "I see you, Zamani and I want you even though you don't want me."

I fell into his warm embrace as I broke into a train of sobs. "I don't want to live with my grandparents."

Orion held me closer to him, not wanting to let go of me and my creature squealed in excitement. "I know, Zamani. It is just for the meantime. Once you get better, I'll make sure to come whisk you away."

Orion was filled with lies and illusions.

"You promise?" I sniffled, snaking my arms around his waist.

"Cross my heart, Zam."

I sat down on my bed one last time.

I don't know if I will ever return here, but I clung onto the hopes of Orion's promise and I made it a goal in my heart to try my possible best to get better. But when you are born with antisocial personality disorder, there is no possible way to get better unless you wear a façade.

I still had my one major goal in mind, to find whoever unleashed cruelty unto Bilen's life.

"Let's go, Zamani," Orion said, as he stood in the middle of my room.

I took in a breath. "You promise to get me out of there when the time is right?"

Orion nodded. "I promise, Zamani."

No one knew what life I would resume with my grandparents and I didn't want to think about it because it will break my heart into a million pieces.

Saying one final goodbye to the life I know, I followed behind Orion to his car that was all set to transport me to Amaridea, the heart of Keren. I buckled my seatbelt and waited as Orion started the car and reversed out of the parking lot.

The car was filled with silence and I was filled with a sense of dread. How will I escape my new life? I rested my head on the window as the streets of Westwood passed in a blur and the trees that beautified the city was fading.

"Are you okay, Zam?" Orion questioned, his undivided attention on the road ahead.

I heaved an exasperated sigh. "I am okay. I am not just prepared to face my grandmother."

He placed his hand on mine and caressed the back of my palm with his thumb. "I'm sure your grandmother means well for you. She just want you to get better."

Yeah, because Bilen is no longer here. "I wouldn't be sure about that."

"What's so bad about her?" Orion snapped his head to examine me. I shook my head, not wanting to provide a concrete answer. He raised his eyebrows. "I feel you are just like her."

I chuckled. Orion has no better understanding what my family is like. "Yeah, people say that a lot." People who actually have seen what my grandmother actually look like.

"I just hope you enjoy your stay with your grandparents," Orion remarked.

A sardonic grin surfaced on my face. "I hope so." 

Except I was in for a ride of my life.

A/N
Hello beautiful people, I am really sorry that this chapter is short. I'll make the next one longer.