Prologue: Divergence

(Disclaimer! This book is a sequel to the story the son of eggman. Please read that book first before you read this story)

???: Angel island.....

A land of miracles and mysteries.....

My home.

The camera pans down showing knuckles standing in front of the master emerald protecting it as it's loyal guardian.

Knuckles: I am it's guardian. I watch over the master emerald and every living thing here.

A little bird lands on a rock near knuckles.

Knuckles: That is to say all the plants and the animals. Any other kind of civilization has long since disappeared from the island.

The little bird flies away out of view.

Knuckles: I do things on my own and that's just how I like it. I don't need anyone else to get by........but sometimes.

Knuckles looks down and the scene changes to metropolis. The city was under repair after the invasion from the black arms and the G.U.N soldiers and battle droids were working together to fix what was broken.

Knuckles: Things haven't been the same since black doom and the alien invasion. World's slowly getting itself back on its feat starting over and moving on.

The scene changes to inside a cemetery where cream the rabbit was looking at Y/N robotnik's grave.

Knuckles: And trust me it's been difficult trying to move on..... especially after losing Y/N. You could tell the girls were heartbroken then again we all were.

Creams mother vanilla gently picks up her daughter and looks at the memorial shedding a tear and walking away.

Knuckles: We all miss him he was a hero until the very end. If it weren't for Y/N then the earth and everyone on it would've been history.

A flashback shows Y/N in his super form defeating black doom in his devil form.

Y/N: Dragon fist!

Y/N transforms into a gold dragon tearing through black doom defeating the alien overlord. It then cuts to him holding the black comet in place as the ark fired it's cannon destroying the comet resulting in Y/N sacrificing his life to protect the planet before the flashback ends.

Knuckles: That's why I guard the master emerald to keep it safe from any danger in the near future. It's my way on honouring his memory it's what Y/N would have wanted. But.....sometimes I wonder how things would be if I hadn't been given this responsibility. Why was I chosen for this duty? Perhaps it's karma.

Another flashback shows tikal and a small group of chao standing in front of the master emerald arms spread out.