Chapter 13: That Young Man

"Who are you?"

"What?! How could you not know me? Do you know you're in the presence of the great Shen Liqing?!" Shen Liqing raised his voice, unable to believe that someone was unaware of his identity.

With a history that spans a millennium, the Shen family is the most influential among the aristocratic families in Divine City and every child born into the Shen family is treated with reverence and elevated to a high status. How could there be someone who did not know of him?!

Luo Xue gave a flat expression. Apart from the people in her sect and those mentioned in the story, she was unfamiliar with anyone else. In fact, she was clueless. She simply said, "I see."

However, her unenthusiastic reply only managed to further agitate Shen Liqing. He slapped the booklet onto the table and questioned, "So, who are you then? Let me see if I've heard of you before!"

"I'm..."

Luo Xue was about to reveal her name when she stopped herself from saying anything. She glanced at Kun Yanli and noticed he hadn't taken any action to intervene. Instead, he calmly sipped his tea, minding his own business, but his overly sly smile revealed his nosy intentions.

Sensing her hesitation, Shen Liqing burst into laughter before he sneered. "Hmph! You must be quite ashamed to not give me your name. But rest assured, this great Shen Liqing shall forgive your insolent behaviour. Now, scram off before I call my servants to kick you out!"

Yet, before he could go on, a sharp, angry voice called out his name.

"Shen Liqing!"

As soon as Shen Liqing heard that familiar voice, he unconsciously flinched. Without caring if Luo Xue minded or not, he took advantage of the difference in their sizes and ran behind her for cover.

Luo Xue looked over at the young man who had suddenly arrived. Unlike the flamboyant yet elegant Kun Yanli, his appearance was both neat and modest, giving off a scholarly vibe.

However, the young man had long noticed Shen Liqing from a distance away. He approached Luo Xue, arms crossed, and fixed his fierce gaze on her back. He warned, "Shen Liqing, stop hiding. You have three seconds to appear before me. Otherwise, there's no need for you to go out next time!"

Timidly, Shen Liqing stepped out from behind Luo Xue and glanced at the angry young man.

"B-Big Brother, what are you talking about? I didn't hide from you. I... I was just standing here... browsing through the catalogue!" Shen Liqing raised the booklet in his hand and casually waved it around.

Standing beside him, the attendant's heart skipped a beat as she observed the booklet being handled carelessly.

"Oh, really?" The young man silently observed Shen Liqing for a moment before he sighed helplessly. He smiled, beckoning Shen Liqing to come over to him. "Alright. Come here, Xiao Qing. Let's not bother other guests, shall we?"

"Yes..." Shen Liqing walked over to his brother's side, his shoulders drooping. As he walked past Luo Xue, he didn't forget to give the booklet back to her.

Once the young man saw that, he sighed again and then apologised. "Miss, please forgive my unruly younger brother. Because of my family's excessive pampering, he has become spoiled. If Miss would allow, I would like to extend my apology by inviting you to a meal."

Luo Xue naturally refused. "It's not necessary. I hadn't done anything to deserve that."

"Ah, I understand." The young man nodded his head in agreement, a soft smile appeared on his lips. Refusing to back down, he carried on. Pointing to the booklet in her hands, he said, "In that case, would you allow me to help guide you through it? I can also be considered somewhat of an expert."