Sixth

I look at Nate in disbelief. "You did not just..."

"I did what I did." He grabs her foot and pulls her through the floor, not bothering to pick her up.

"For what she did, you sure have a truckload of patience. Listening to her made me lose my mind." He huffs.

I look at the others at the others as they watched Ella being chained on a chair not feeling any bit of sympathy. What she did was indeed a low blow but I think chaining her up is a bit... Excessive?

I noticed that they gathered the food from the panic room. Helios nudges a huge pile of granola bars, dried fruit and a bottle of water in my direction.

"This is..." I try to refuse.

"Take it. You haven't eaten in days and had proper rest. We did. We ate all the cat food. It was not too bad." Nate grins.

I smile, thankful and try to take small bites but damn did my hunger hit all at once.

"Slow down, spitfire." Callum laughs.

I laugh a little and then we all laughed. Are we going insane?

"Ah." Helios sighs. "I haven't been this peacefully and happy ever since we got here."

"What are we gonna do now?"

Helios looks at Nate. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, basically, we are Don's and Donya of the Zjaves Empire somewhere in Czechoslovakia now. They don't know that we killed Soledad and we'll have to go there and tell them 'hey, we're your new boss now, follow us'."

"Do you guys think we'll make it out of here?" I whisper.

I don't know what made me ask that but I really need some assurance. Everything feels so draining. I forgot how rain smells like, how my bed felt like. Actually, my life wasn't that bad. I could still enjoy those little luxuries in life.

"We will." Zade says raising a bottle of water to his lips.

"What will we do next?"

I glance at Callum. "You're right. It's kind of weird that they delayed the mission."

Suddenly, loud clammors of metal chain vibrates to the room. "What did you do to me!"

Ella's awake.

"I forgot to cover her mouth." Helios groans closing his eyes.

"Shut up. We're tired and busted." Nate goes over to her with a cloth.

"Is you put that in my mouth, I swear!" She screams and Nate puts the cloth over her mouth without hesitation.

I don't know why, but it was a bit amusing watching her squirm because of the cloth and not for the actual fact that she's chained up.

What Nate did was pretty smart, I wonder why movies don't get that. Once the villain gets caught by the hero, the hero will first have some sorta speech, and then the villain will have some sorta speech and then he gets away.

For me though, you'll never actually know if that individual is a villain or a hero. Just because you saw his wrongdoing at that time and saw this other do something good does not draw the line that they are good or evil.

There is this saying that says a villain would be willing to destroy the world to save you, but a hero would be willing to destroy you to save the world.

Slowly we are turning against each other, our lies killing a life and another. But to confess my sins in the eyes and ears of The Cards, would not help anyone or anything at all. I would merely be killing myself all for nothing - leaving us no hope for escape.