Chapter 3

6/12/1995

CatNap has told Jack that the key goes to a very special door hidden within the toy factory. Since Jack didn't feel like sneaking off somewhere to find a door, he just gave CatNap the key. He doesn't regret doing that right now. Since CatNap left to unlock the door, he won't be at Playcare until it's almost time for bed.

"You look like you're lost in your thoughts." Jack quickly turned around to see Caleb, one of his friends. "Yeah, I was." Jack replied. "Well, me and Cameron are going to play some games, but we can't decide on either to play tag or this weird game he came up with." Caleb said to Jack for him to decide. "Well, I say that you play the game Cameron came up with first, then you can come and get me when you're about to play tag since I wanna play that too." Jack responded with his answer.

"Also, before I go, CatNap wanted to give you this." Caleb said and handed Jack a VHS cassette tape with no title and a sheet of paper that was drawn on, "I don't know what these are, I didn't get a good look when I looked at them, but that's for you to figure out." Caleb handed the items to Jack and went off to find Cameron.

...

Jack was in a hidden room in Home Sweet Home that contained a VHS player and a few other items such as a pillow and a ragged blanket. He put the unlabeled VHS into the player and listened. All that played on the TV was 8/8/1995 in a white text. After Jack watched the VHS he looked at the piece of paper that was given to him.

 Jack saw the picture and immediately questioned why CatNap would give him a picture of someone named Theo sitting on a bed with an unknown entity beneath it. Theo didn't really sound like a name, maybe it's a shorter version for Theodore? Jack went with that thought, but now he has to know what's reaching beneath the bed.

In the drawing it doesn't look like Theodore is troubled by the thing, so maybe he's either used to it or they both know each other and are friends.

Jack then got a very crazy thought that might just make sense. What if the thing under Theodore's bed is the thing locked behind the door that that key goes to? Then that would mean Theodore is... CatNap? That mean's CatNap, or Theodore, is trying to free their friend that's locked away. Jack thought about this and realized something very dark and messed up, it almost made him pass out from how bad it was.

...

Jack couldn't sleep that night because of the theory that the other big toys had people in them and that someone just like himself was in CatNap. "What if I get put in a toy?" Jack thought continuously in fear and paranoia. CatNap came over to him and asked if he wanted to sleep. "Yes please." Jack said quietly. CatNap let out a red gas from his mouth and directed it at Jack. After about a minute, he passed out into a deep sleep.

Words: 534