Chapter 2

6/12/1995

Jack woke up, it was his birthday, but he doesn't know what day it is besides him knowing that it was summer. Jack was struggling to get out of bed since he didn't feel like getting out of bed. When he finally did, he got his morning clothes on and met his friends in the main area of Home Sweet Home and talked to them for a bit. Then Travis and Mia came up to him about 20 minutes later.

"Happy 10th birthday little guy! You've finally reached the double-digits!" Travis said to Jack. "Happy birthday little man!" Mia said, then picked up Jack in an embrace, spun in a circle, then set him back down. "Wait, I turn 10 today?!" Jack said, sounding surprised. "Yep! But not only that, you and the other orphans are going to the Game Station!" Travis said with a grin. "Wow, this birthday is going to be so awesome!" Jack said.

Once the train conductor explained all the rules for the train, the orphans boarded it and sat in the carts. It took less than a minute for the train to start moving, Jack was caught off guard and almost fell out of his seat. "Easy there Jack, don't wanna get injured on your big day!" Hallie informed Jack. "I'll try not to, heh." Jack replied.

...

A few minutes later they went to a stop and got out. He and the others stood in front of an employee at the Game Station named Stella Greyber and a big version of the Mommy Long Legs toy.

The Game Station contained a lot of yellow, blue, and red, the whole place looked like it was made out of plastic. In the back of the place there was a playground, basically a waiting area for the orphans. It contained tubes, tube slides, monkey bars, a trampoline, normal slides, a tic-tac-toe grid, anything you'd see at a playground.

Mommy Long Legs was a spider, but she stood on two legs, her eyes were green, she had the same amount of arms and legs as a human, she was pink, and she had four pink, smooth sticks coming out of her head to represent hair. One curled sideways into a circle and the other three were poking out sideways.

Stella Greyber looked like she was in her mid twenties. She had smooth brown hair going down to her waist, had blue eyes, and was slim, but short at a height of 5' 5.

"Hey kids, welcome to the Game Station! I'm Stella..." Jack zoned out because he's already heard this many times, Stella only does this because there might be new orphans who wouldn't know what to do. "Since today's somebody's birthday, he'll get to play the games first!"

The first game was 'Musical Memory'. It's basically Simon Says but with colors. If you mess up, the big Bunzo Bunny above you lowers faster, and if he reaches you, the game is over. Bunzo Bunny is a yellow birthday themed rabbit with green overalls and a green party hat with bright and dark green patterned stripes on it. Bunzo has cymbals that he crashes together, making a loud crash sound. As he lowers down to you, he crashes them together faster. Jack managed to complete 14 sequences.

The next game was 'Whack-a-Wuggy'. It was basically whack-a-mole but on the walls and there were 18 holes that a mini Huggy Wuggy could pop out of. If one did, you use a machine called a GrabPack to hit them.

Huggy Wuggy is an 18 foot tall creature with blue fur, red lips, and yellow hands and feet. He has fingers and toes, though he only has a thumb with all four fingers fused together like a mitten, same for his feet. A mini Huggy Wuggy is just like Huggy but they can be different colors like red, orange, purple, and green. The mini Huggy Wuggy's are about six feet tall.

A GrabPack is a machine that you wear on your shoulders, you hold two cannons that are hands. When you pull the trigger on the handle, the hand shoots out and can grab whatever it touches, and you can retract it. The wire that's used in a GrabPack is conductive and can be used to rewire things. The wire cable is kept in a sideways cylinder that is pressing against the shoulder blades of the GrabPack user.

The last game is 'Statues'. It's basically red light, green light. When the lights turn off, you can move, when they turn on, you can look around but cannot move. PJ Pug-a-Pillar will follow behind. If PJ Pug-a-Pillar catches up to you or if you move when the lights are on, you lose. If you complete the course, you win.

PJ Pug-a-Pillar is a long caterpillar-pug hybrid with fur colored blue and purple and pink skin. Each ball of PJ's body is a pattern of blue and purple, each individual body has two legs with elf-like shoes.

 After Jack completed the three games, he just hung out with his friends until it was their turn to play the games. After all that he boarded the train with the other orphans and headed back to Playcare. Once he and the others arrived he decided to play with the big CatNap that is usually seen at Home Sweet Home.

 He and the big CatNap played hide and seek for a bit then he decided to play with his friends. He wondered if they were in the Playhouse, so he decided to look for them there first.
Upon running there he wasn't looking where he was going and ran into a blonde female employee. A key dropped from her belt and Jack quickly caught it and tucked it in his pocket. "Hey you little shit, watch where you're going!! Jesus, not a single orphan here knows what kindness is." She said, already becoming red with anger. Jack quickly ran off and hid in Home Sweet Home.

CatNap came up to him and saw the key Jack was holding in his hand. Jack looked at CatNap and asked him, "Do you know where this goes to CatNap?" CatNap stared blankly at the key.

Words: 1023