chapter 24

Monday morning

"Okay kids do you have everything for school" Jessica asked, she was nothing but happy. She had her daughter back, her family was complete.

Even Daniel didn't go to work straight away, he stuck around and had breakfast with his family.

"Yes we have everything" Xander answered.
"I can't wait for school" Ares said grinning.

"Don't go causing any trouble" Daniel warned knowing the grin Ares held was a sign he was planning something.

"Of course not I'm just happy that my dear brother wants to add in an extra football practice" Ares said.

Xander grinned.
"Yes well I am going to start offering one to ones to train some of the weaker players up. I want to win this year"

They both had one person in mind though.

Luke.

"I have a question about today" Aria finally spoke up. It had been on her mind alot.

"What's the question?"  Jessica asked.

"Um well how is this going to work. The whole sibling thing"  she had no idea how to word it due to nerves and not wanting to offend anyone.

"I think you mean twins but I'll let it go" Ares jumped in.

"Not the time Ares she's clearly nervous" Xander said.

"Well you can acknowledge them as your brothers when you feel comfortable enough to do something" Daniel said.

"And they will be there for you regardless of whether you acknowledge them as brothers" Jessica added.

"Why wouldn't you want to acknowledge us though " Ares asked.

"It's not that I don't. It's just you both are so popular and I don't want to make a big deal out of it, I don't want the attention" she replied not bothering to add how Luke and Brianna refused to let her acknowledge them as siblings.

"That's understandable. I've managed to arrange a custody case for Wednesday, the sooner we have full parental rights and everything is cleared up the better. The boys will look after you don't worry to much" Daniel informed her.

"Yes and if they get to much I'll be about " Jakob said as he walked into the room with a grin.

"So as you know we first met at the little speech I did at your school. Well it's a common thing I help my lecturer with. Because I'm top of my class and quite frankly could pass all the exams now, he's letting me do some extra shadowing. I finished my hospital placement so my lecturer is letting me do a few hours with the school nurse. Not as exciting but it will get me extra credit " Jakob explained, it was partially a lie though.

Yes he had strong connections when it came to helping his lecturers speak in schools.
He had finished his hospital placement and had experience working in the hospital.
He had asked his lecturer if he could start speaking more at the school due to concerns he had not wanting to admit he had a sister, in the end his lecturer suggested he shadow the school nurse for a couple days a week for a few weeks .

Xander and Ares cursed knowing that Luke would be sent to Jakob when he got injured and Jakob wouldn't realise who he was or what he had done.

"That's great news. The more opportunities you take the better" Jessica said although she got the feeling he asked to be there.

At school, Ares didn't leave Aria's side. The school had gotten used to them being seen together and figured they were friends so no one stated or whispered.

"Let's go find Ethan"  Ares announced.

Xander wasn't far from them. He hovered close by but was now with his own group of friends.

"Hey Aria, this is Daisy" Ethan said as he met the twins.
Daisy was a red headed girl who was new to the school. She had accidentally walked into Ethan whilst she was looking for her locker and Ethan decided to show  her where her locker actually was.

"Hi, I'm daisy, I'm new here" Daisy said.

"I'm new too" Aria said.

Aria still had problems talking to others but with Ares right next to her she was able to look up and speak without a nervous stutter.

"Well what classes do you have. Hopefully we have some together" Daisy asked.

The two girls began to compare timetables and soon got talking about themselves, or rather Aria tried not to give to much away whilst Daisy couldn't shut up.

Ares hadn't even introduced himself yet but he was okay with that , his twin was happy and that was the important thing.

But his smile dissapeared when he saw Luke glaring at Aria.

"Excuse me" Ares said

"Don't go" Aria quickly said knowing she shouldn't rely on Ares too much but she knew her confidence would dissapear and she really wanted to make a friend.

"Fine. Should we all go to class, we all have the same first class" Ares said.

"You can sit next to me" Ethan offered Daisy.

Daisy just rolled her eyes "how kind of you"

On their walk to class, Luke decided to follow them.

"Aria can we talk" Luke asked.

Everyone waited for Aria to reply.

She couldn't say no to him and that scared her , she found herself saying "okay"

"I guess we're talking then. You both go on" Ares said.

Ethan and Daisy were hesitant but left.

"This is a conversation between Aria and I. Leave" Luke tried to be intimidating but Ares didn't even bat an eye to the older boy.

"Please Aria" Luke said making Aria feel guilty.

"How about Ares stands over there. He can't hear but I refuse to be in a room alone with you" Aria replied.
Ares agreed to this as he could make sure she was okay.

So there he stood, one end of a empty hallway. Watching Aria and Luke.

"Apparently you think that family wants you. Maybe now but once they discover how fucked up you are....well let's face it, my parents might go to prison but I'm to old for the system. I will always be here. And you're not going to tell anyone about me because you don't want to fuck up your new family and make them hate you do you?".

Aria hated that she still feared him. He usually wasn't this bad but since moving he had gotten worse. In the past he had snuck her food or covered for her. Now he was just like his parents. He probably always was like this though, she was probably just blind to see it.

"Leave me alone Luke" she said, she attempted to walk away but Luke grabbed her wrist.

"I'm stood right here, Jesus you're dumb " Ares was quick to approach and he looked pissed off.

"Let's get to class Aria, I'll see you at football practice Luke"