Connected

Freen's POV

We're here, waiting for the press to arrive and getting ready for the interview.

I reflected on the events last night.

*Flashback*

We sat in the living room, while the kid was still laughing.

"You really find me amusing, right Nong?" I said.

Sometimes I called her Nong, sometimes Becca, Bec, but mostly Babe, especially when it was just the two of us.

"Hahaha, sorry, Babe," she said, trying to control her laughter.

She's so cute when she laughs, by the way.

"Are you in a rush to come here, Babe?" She teased.

"No, not really... just right... you know, your favorite milk tea place might close soon," I stuttered, trying to hide the truth.

Actually, I was... I really wanted to make it up to her and see her right away.

"Wait, actually, I'm gonna show you something," Becky said and stood up. She was retrieving something from her drawer, and when she found it, she gave it to me.

"Here, before I forget. I meant to tell you about this earlier, but we didn't get to talk much because... you know... someone was lost in thought," she said, teasing me again.

"Sorry, babe," I replied apologetically. I looked at what she handed me. A plane ticket? Bound for the Philippines?

I furrowed my brow.

"You're going to the Philippines? Isn't our event on April 27?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yes, but Richie has an event, and since Mom and I couldn't make it to the premiere of his movie last time, we decided to support him on Saturday, of course, with Dad too," she explained.

"Actually, I wanted to take you with me... only if you are free? But I know..."

"But I have an appointment that day, Becky," I cut her off, finishing her sentence.

I felt a little sadness that I couldn't quite comprehend. Not only just because I couldn't join her. Because it's normal. Sometimes we're together... Sometimes we're not because we have different events.

But why I'm feeling this way? I wondered. What's bothering me? Is it because... Jane was there? Will they meet again? I felt a hint of jealousy.

"Too bad, Babe, the whole family would have been together. You're the only one missing," Becky said sadly. She sat beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Nong, we'll just go out when you get back," I said, trying to sound cheerful, peeking at her face and offering a smile. I didn't want her to feel sad that I couldn't join.

When she heard the phrase "go out," she smiled and lifted her head slightly, looking at me.

Our faces were close due to our position.

Our eyes met.

Because I often did it and it became a habit, I couldn't resist brushing aside the few strands of hair covering her beautiful face.

She looked at my lips, and so did I.

I swallowed hard, feeling like we were in a scene from The Gap series. Sam and Mon.

It was different having her gaze at me. We stayed like that for a few seconds.

Our hearts seemed to be... talking in silence.

Freenbecky x One shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें