Death

(If I had a nickel for every HG OC, I would have drowned only to have them revived by Finnick after a tribute from District 1 dragged them into the water in a hand-to-hand combat... I would have two nickels... But yeah, it was technically foreshadowed with people constantly trying to drown her in the games, not knowing to swim, and her pointing it out once... Anyway, I will probably be writing a few more chapters here as my Hazbin Hotel obsession has been letting up just enough that I can get interested in other things and write you this story again. Yay....... on another point... I awaited you; you two know who I am talking about; welcome back to me. Welcome back to you and your suffering about what I do to my ocs! We are at the start of a horrible slippery slide of damage my ladies and gents)

"She'll be fine but if the gash on her head is anything to go off of, there had been a hit to the head."

"Obviously."

"What I mean is concussion should be suspected from what we just went through."

"People, I can fucking hear you." Percy grumbled as. "I am not some limp dick lazy as fucker because the world finally succeeded in drowning me like it has been trying for the last games I've been part off."

"You should maaaaybe lay down!" The word maybe elongated in a wavy word as Percy had pushed herself up to her feet and almost just fell on her back if Finnick didn't catch her in a hurry.

"Imbalance, also a symptom." Beetee said, he was no medical professional but you learn things if you spend things in a technological district and you only have internet as a hobby when growing up.

"Might I say, dear sir... To shut the fuck up." Percy was in an understandable baaad mood and no one could exactly convince her that her body could go 'hah... Bye' and go on a vacation without her knowledge if she fucked around and found out more.

But let the disembodied voice of the narrator of this book ask you readers something...
When has Percy not been all about fuck around and find out?

Sadly for the allies, they were realizing it now out of any other time.

"Maybe you should listen to them, we are safe here." Katniss tried.

"Fuck you too."

"Confusion, also common symptom."

"I will make you suck your own dick!"

------------------------------------

Let's say it took a while to get the girl settled down again.

But once down, Percy fell asleep for a forced nap. (Look people, I have like 4 medical degrees in bullshit and interneting, all that I looked up, the 4-5 pages, don't say someone with concussion can't sleep and I am going off that, I know and seen ppl say otherwise but fuck it. I became a brain doctor for Bera or a master of the body for her and Athena to not kill them)

Katniss playing with her hair a bit, mostly ignoring the plan they were cooking up, something about a beach or something.

She almost lost her.

Just like that.

There a moment, gone the next.

It was... Not something she expected.

She had always been there.

Be it as the tormentor of old or ally of new.

The peacechild laughing over a punch she put in her face and the victor that stood with her.

As always, for Katniss there was two Percy's depending on what facet she showed and yet today, both had been one, neither able to save the other and both sunken in the maws of death.

...

It was almost an odd thought for Katniss... Death... She had seen enough of it and yet it kept coming her way...

...

And yet this one was odd... Sickly... Rotten...

A death she couldn't understand.

Couldn't accept.

There was no explanation for such a death.

...

Had... Had she always seen Percy like that?

A force that would bring death down on others but not herself?

Why did this feel different then last year's?

Last year's was flashy, outstanding, monumental... So why was a death so silent, diminutive, forgotten hit more?

...

A deep breath.

It seems Katniss had forgotten.

Forgotten there wasn't always a time she could look over her shoulder for help and someone would always be there no matter what she asked.

It was this loneliness in the absence that terrified.

In the year following the 74th Percy was the constant. Sure she had her mother, her sister, anyone she talked to on a regular basic, Heymitch even... But only one knowing exactly how she felt and not demanding anything from her.

Leaning down a bit, kissing her cheek.

This death almost took all this away.

It might have started with a white lie in the shape of a ring... But slowly the truth was blooming.

And the weight of the games getting heavier.

Games of death and life that could only have one victor this time.

And arena working against them.

And fuck did I work against them.

"KATNISS!!!!!"