Attention

Percy had moved past it.

Katniss couldn't.

Unable to get it out of her mind, even though Percy would poke her or hold her on nights, she woke yelling.

She couldn't get the image out of her head, not getting how anyone, much less a sibling, could... Do... She'd kill herself before she ever looked at Prim with the ghost of thoughts that Artemis had.

Day after day the glory of the peacekeepers was being stained.

These peacechildren were not some elite class treated like the next life of Panem, they were children with so much expectation and hate directed at them that the cycle repeated once they were adults, hate breeding hate, fear breeding fear, a spiral to the end of times.

The pristine glass mosaic of their grandeur cracking and crumbling with each words the bridged the gap.

Tortured children hurting civilians to have power over their fate, beating down the disgusting people not following the rules.

Civilians heckling the peacechildren and feeding into the cycle by proving that they were indeed who they were thought to be.

"You seem deep in thought."

Katniss looked up, usually she'd have fallen asleep again but her mind was too full and the room to small to house it.

"I can't wrap my head around it." She admitted it, Percy absently playing with her hair and she didn't feel like stopping her. "All he did and you still admire him?"

"I know it is confusing, trust me, I live me life split down the middle. He is the reason I became strong, I learnt so much, that I am still alive, he raised me, he made me me. I'd be the first to set him aflame on a pyre and the first to try to get him off it. Nothing today would be possible because of him."

This love hate, Katniss would never understand and she needed to accept it, Percy would never fully swing to either side, knowing he did evil but the good enough to balance it, even if it was for selfish reasons. But she didn't want to accept it.

"I should have never given it back." Looking at the ring that brought this on.

"Probably not but it happened, for now I still need to be strong, I still need him."

"Am I not enough?" She asked before thinking. "I mean us, Peeta and me." She stopped including Gale since Percy and him was a 0% chance of getting along anymore. "We are here."

"It is not the same." She spun the ring around her finger with the help of her thumb. "Sadly enough for you, the reason we both survived is thanks to him." Katniss hated the thought. "Maybe one day I'll grow passed needing to be strong but that day would be when to world no longer wants to hurt us."

Katniss grabbed her hand, wanting to rip the ring off, toss the reminder of such a man away, She just gave her fingers a squeeze.

"We'll make that Panem reality." Since after all, after the victory tour they'd be free, thought Katniss.

Percy smiled.

"Oh you." Chuckling. "Try to sleep now before I throw you off as you are overstaying your welcome."

"Now excuse me you are in my bed."

"And you are cuddling me."

"Your point?"

"Fine... Oh cruel fate, relegated to being a pillow."

"Stuff cotton in your mouth and play the part."

-----------------------------------------------

Morning came fast.

Percy was not spared by it.

The gossip coming left and the mutters coming right.

The citizens might have not noticed but in between the candidates and the peacekeepers the vanishing of Hades was making ravages and all fingers pointed to her.

All knew of their relationship and they'd laugh behind her back or smile about it to her face, about how strong her future kids would be.

But if a child had been born from such union, Percy would have strangled it with her own hands to save them from such a world before accepting her own death... That would have never happened and that, was something she decided on when she was given to Hades, a guy worse then her brother in the long run.

But even now, she had a hard time understanding how such a colossal monster died so fast and it seems she'll never understand it.

"You there!" She sighed, having been window showing in the main square, needing new clothes as cold is coming in and the sleeveless jacket is not enough anymore.

She smiled, hands in her pockets, as she turned around.

"Wow, such a way to address your own daughter." Of course it would have been who created that marriage deal that would be mad at her. "Wait, no, I have quite nicely told you to bath in my fame if you want but leave me the fuck alone."

Mother and father, their group of "friends" just standing there, trying to make silent pressure but nothing scared Percy, she had seem mutts with nastier bites than they had.

"Stop playing, what happened to Hades?" The must be in trouble for the boys disappearance.

"Hades? He vanished? That must be why he isn't bothering me. Good riddance."

Oh how easily she is angering them, or were these friends of theirs here as escorts and they'd drag them away if Percy is not the one to have made Hades vanish?

"You ungrateful brat! We gave you everything!!"

Okay... You are pissing her off.

"You father? All you ever gave me was bruises and a broken arm that set badly." She could still not fully extend her left arm because of how the bones fused, lucky her that was a problem she could live with, it happened when she was so young that she didn't know live without it. (like instead of being able to lay her arm flat on a table with her elbow down on it, her wrist is slightly lifted off it, not even that noticeably.) "Or were you talking about mother? All I got from her is insults... I don't know which of these I should be grateful for."

Slap!

Okay... Words are one thing.

This, this is another.

"Alright... Let's talk." She said, cheek stinging. "You've got my attention."

And boy will they regret it.

(Who's ready for the monologue about to come?)