Coach Campbell

Music:
*5% TINT by Travis Scott
*ONE CALL by Rich Amiri

I grab my keys and purse from the seat by my side and pay the uber, leaving the car as I scream a thank you.

I rush towards the entrance, and as I look down to try to find my phone inside the mess my purse currently is, I stumble into someone.

"A little late, aren't you coach?" I glance up as I see a smirking Rafe, gazing his brown eyes into mine.

I hate how those eyes are piercing through my soul right now, and how deep they seem, how much history they appear to hold, stories I'd hear for hours. But then I look at the rest of it, remembering I'm talking about Rafe. The idiotic stupid guy who wants to be with me just so he can piss off my brother.

"Yeah, I've got other things to do rather than yelling at a bunch of bad players" I scold him, not daring to back away from the intense stare and smirk he sends in my direction. "Too bad, I'd love to see you yell for me" He whispers and walks further into the place.

I shake my head and hopefully the burn on my cheeks away, blinking slowly to recompose myself.

I walk in as well, looking at all the players already at the rink, all of them with a bad posture as they skate lazily. I see my uncle is also there, but sitting on a bench, probably waiting for me. I breathe in and go towards him. "Hey"

"Oh! Hello! So, shall we start this?"  He asks, standing up and I smile with a nod, he smiles in return but it fades quickly when he turns to the players on the ice. He looks like he's about to scream something at them, but I beat him to it. "Hey! Round up here for a sec!" I order, sitting down next to the rink to pull off my sneakers so I can put on my skates. "Uh, you're coming in?" A tall, black guy asks. I look at him and smile. "I'm playing against you" I tell them, they seemed surprised, but scoffed as they thought of it as a joke.

Ooh, I'm going to eat this fuckers alive.

"Like, one on one?" Another guy asks, I shake my head. "Like all of you against me."

————————-

I step inside the rink. I get goosebumps all over my body, I love this sensation and just feeling like I was made to do it. I skillfully skate a tad around the rink, feeling the roughness of the ice and the friction. Analyzing my territory. "So, let's start this again. My name is Aurora, Aurora Campbell. You must call me Coach Campbell, or just coach. Never by my first name, understood?" I ask, they all nod in affirmation.

"Good, now that we got that out of the way, why don't you tell me your names?" I suggest, and they soon start.

"Uh, I'm Christopher, I have been on hockey for around 8 years now, I'm probably the oldest here, I'm 21. I'm the goalie, but have played as right wing in the start of it all." Rafe's brother starts, his smile is evident. Christopher seems so more reliable and nice. "Oh! And uh, everyone calls me Chris."

"I'm Hayden, everyone just calls me Hayden really. I'm 19, a junior in college, and I play as the right defense. My jersey number is 23, it has always been that one, I have been doing hockey for around 16 years now, holy shit. Oh sorry" He apologizes instantly for cursing. He's very good looking, like he just got out of a magazine cover type of hot. Indeed holy shit Hayden.

"I'm Max, well, actually Maxwell Robinson, but these kids call me Max or Robinson. I'm 22, jersey number and 19 on age. I play as left wing.Have been on hockey since a kid y'know, my dad put me up to it and I fucked with it. That's it" He says shrugging it, he was the boy from before, the one who asked me what was I doing. I laugh a little at his introduction. The way he did it so easily and relaxed. Oh no, he better not be high.

I am cut off my thoughts by a voice startling me. "James, they call me Jay cuz apparently I only after girls that look like Beyonce. I'm 14 on jersey, and 18 on age. I skate for forever now, but uh, got into hockey as a teen, think I've been at it for like, 7 or 6 years. Oh and I'm a left defense" He says, ruffling up his small hair, almost looking like a buzz cut. This man is absolutely gorgeous.

"I'm Dean, hockey has been with me since I was 10, so that's my jersey number, and now i'm 20. Right wing" He simply and quickly tells me, as if he just wanted to get it over with. He's also so good looking. All of them are I guess. I swear it has something to do with playing hockey, you just have to be hot to enter the team, because this can't be possible.

"I don't think you need to know my name, sweetheart, but it's Rafael, everyone just calls me Rafe. I honestly can't remember not playing hockey, think I might've learned how to skate before knowing how to walk." That's what I always say "I'm center, and it so has been forever. I'm number 8, because-" I interrupt him. "Don't finish that sentence" I warn him, he smirks at me as he bites his lips, looking at me with intrigued expression. "So you've heard, sorry to disappoint princess, but it's bigger. I'm number 8 because that's when I first won a hockey tournament. It was small and between kids, but I still won" he admits. I can't understand if I'm getting red for blushing, or just looking at him with doe eyes because of how cute this story actually is.

——-

AN

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I swear next one will be better, I just wanted to separate them competing against her from the introductions. And yeah, sorry, I know I know this is just kinda of a filler, but either way hope you liked it.

See ya next week! Love you all sm