chapter five !

—

— LUNA was freaking out. What if she landed wrong? What if the jumps came out bad? What if— What if—. Was all she could think about. She hadn't been able to see her family and friends before, feeling slightly relieved that they didn't see her almost cry because she realized that it was real and she had to actually go and skate in front of a lot of people.

Soon enough, they announced her.

"Luna Hughes, University of Michigan, performing The Black Swan."

Luna stepped into the rink, smiling as her coach said some encouraging words before she skated off to the middle of the rink.

Looking up at the stands, she grinned noticing her family and friends there. Her mother and Father right up front with Luke, Jack, and Quinn beside them.

Juliet and Millie sitting behind Ellen and Jim, Ethan and Mark sitting behind Jack and Luke.

They had wide grins on their faces. She waved before getting into her starting position as 'Swan Lake' began to play through the loud speakers.

First place. Luna won first place. Her landings were perfect, everything was perfect. All her effort and practice did her well. She had taken off her skates a while ago, and changed into a white tank top with a zip-up hoodie over it and some black leggings with some uggs.

Juliet and Millie squealed as they ran to Luna once they saw her exit the arena. "You did so amazing!" Juliet complimented her best friend as she hugged her.

"You made Jack cry." Luke snorts as he walks over to them and hugs his sister. "You did great, Wrenny." She grinned before looking over at Jack who was glaring at Luke.

"No I didn't." He said defensively and Luna chuckled. "Are those tear stains?" She pointed and his hand flew up to his face to check. "Where?" Everyone laughed when he realized she was only kidding.

"Dude, congrats!" Ethan cheered after she had hugged both her parents. "Dude?" She repeated with a snort. "What? Dudette?" He looked over at Mark who was shaking his head. "What?"

Mark finally came forward and hugged the girl. "How'd I do?" She asked him and he shrugged trying to seem nonchalant. "I swear you slipped a little, maybe the jump wasn't too high—" Luna cut him off with a shove and he began to laugh. "You did great, Lu." He said after they both calmed down.

She blushed at his words before realizing someone was missing. "Where's Quinn?" She asked. "Right here. Went to go get the car." His voice was heard from behind as he approached the group.

Luna grinned before engulfing her oldest brother into a hug and he let out a loud laugh. "Performance was amazing, kiddo."

Luke and Jack had their arms crossed, keeping a similar stance. "We know who the favorite brother is then." Jack mumbled causing their parents to laugh.

— INSTAGRAM !

lunahughes uploaded a story !

umichskating has liked your story !

umichskating has uploaded a story !

lunahughes has liked your story !

thoughts ?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL PERFORMANCE LOOK UP 'ALINA ZAGITOVA THE BLACK SWAN' ON YOUTUBE !