twenty one.

021 ⎯⎯⎯ where i belong.

   I sit next to Usopp, staring quizzically at Buggy's head as he looks out over the sea. God I hate this clown. I didn't even know it was possible to be this annoying.

   "I thought you said five degrees starboard."

   "Yeah it's the other starboard, captain shit-tasitc!"

   Usopp rolls his eyes, "though clowns were supposed to be funny."

   He seems to have quickly picked up on why we all hate rudolph.

   "What was that?" Buggy whips around, "why don't you say it to my face!"

   He catches my eyes on him and a smirk stretches itself on his face, "like what you see?"

   I scoff and roll my eyes, turning to watch as Zoro makes his way up the steps and Buggy greets him accordingly. "Morning champ!"

   "I know Luffy made a deal with you to find Arlong, clown. But if this is another one of your tricks-"

   "What're you gonna do? Bleed on me?" he laughs.

   I stand, grabbing my sword from where it was resting behind me. I drag it as I take steps towards him and finally heave it up, aiming it at his nose.

   "This thing's five times the size of you, all I'd have to do is drop it and you'd be dead." I narrow my eyes at him.

   "Whoa! Whoa! Is it because I insulted your boyfriend?"

   I poke his nose with my sword, "no it's because you're insufferable."

   He starts back with his gibberish and Zoro picks him up, Usopp removing the lid from the barrel allowing Zoro to drop him inside.

   "Hey guys?"

   I look up, a small spot of green in the distance.

   "Is that land?"

   I guess he wasn't lying.

* * *

   Talk about a ghost town.

   I look around as I follow Luffy through the village Buggy led us to. Its shabby and broken down, and honestly looks like no one lives here.

   Definitely looks like a place pirates had been.

   Growing up I used to go through a lot of towns like these with my dad. Most times it was just by coincidence. Sometimes he'd actually been after the pirates responsible.

   A few times he was the pirate responsible.

   "Hey, shit-hat! I think we all can agree that Arlong's a bad fish. But why don't we quit lollygagging and get my body back!"

   I roll my eyes.

   "Pipe down in there."

   "Or what? You're gonna whip me up a souffle?"

   Sanji nudges me, "why don't you take him for a while."

   I grin up at him, "you're funny. I've had enough of him for a lifetime, plus you're the new guy."

   He gives a dry chuckle, clicking his tongue as he continues to walk.

   We make it to a circle clearing in the middle of town, several people gathering into a small group, seemingly listening to a man in a uniform.

   They're exchanging money, all with worried looks on their faces.

   "Do we have time to get some more?"

   "No," the crowd parts, "you don't."

   Nami is standing there. This causes a wave of whispers and angry glances to go through the villagers as she makes her way towards the front.

   I narrow my eyes at her. I always found her annoying and I guess I never loved her presence but to think she'd stoop this low is wild. Still, Luffy won't stop until we get answers.

   Nami makes her way to the front of the crowd, stopping at the sight of a blue haired girl.

   "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face here," she scowls, spitting on Nami's shoes before walking away.

   Nami watches her go in silence and I see her eye twitch.

   That's not the face of an evil pirate with no compassion.

   She turns to the man in uniform, "got something for me?"

   He hands her the box and she swiftly opens it. "You're short." she says curtly.

   The villagers begin to disperse, sensing the tension in the air. The man in uniform pleads with her, "Nami please, this is all we have. Arlong has bled us dry-"

   "Then find more blood."

   She turns, her eyes finally landing on us.

   Rather than seeming angry she seems worried, almost scared.

   "Luffy? What are you doing here?"

   "I could ask you the same thing!"

   "This is where I belong."

   "I don't believe that. This is not you."

   "No, this isn't the me you want me to be."

   They stare each other down.

   Luffy's eyes soften and he takes a step forward, "Nami. If you need our help-"

   "No, I don't need any of you," her voice quivers, "Arlong wanted the map and I conned you into getting it for me. And you bought it. I was never part of your stupid crew."

   "You don't mean that."

   "Take the rest of these clowns and sail away from here, I never want to see you again."

   My brows furrow. Why is she being like this?

   She turns to walk away and for some reason I find my lips moving, "N-Nami!"

   She stops for a moment and I watch her back. I was probably the last person she expected to call out for her. After all, we never got along. I never even liked her.

   Or did I?

   After a deep breath, she keeps walking.