𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑. [𝐓𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝]

Author's PovIt has been a full week since Soléigh started first grade, and her experience has not been ideal

Author's Pov
It has been a full week since Soléigh started first grade, and her experience has not been ideal. On the very first day, she came back home from school feeling sad because she had not made any friends yet. Jorja tried to console her and hoped that things would get better with time, but unfortunately, that was not the case.

Indeed, childhood is characterized by its own set of social dynamics, and no child is compelled to form friendships with another. However, the crux of the matter lies in the presence of bullying, teasing, and taunting. Jorja was keen to extend an opportunity for her classmates to mellow, considering the first stage of the school year, yet she weren't satisfied with the Soléigh returning home down.

Soléigh had informed Jorja about the difficult situation she was facing in her classroom. The children would often bully her by calling her names, scribbling on her worksheets, and even stepping on the back of her shoes as they walked in a line. Soléigh was not being sensitive, but even if she were, she had every right to be.

To make matters worse, when Soléigh would ask to join in during recess time, the other children would decline, but they would also make hurtful comments when declining. Jorja couldn't imagine the struggles that Soléigh was facing during her first week of school at just six years old.

Jorja was resolute, unwilling to stand idly by and let such distress befall her child. For a first week and a first foray into schooling, the ordeal was utterly intolerable. Uncertain of her next move, Jorja contemplated confronting the principal or the teacher. Should the situation persist unchanged, she was prepared to consider transferring her child to a different class, or if necessary, a different school altogether.

It made her sick to her stomach that she even had to sit and decide about what she were going to do.

After parking the car, Jorja headed towards the pickup area, which was right next to the carpool line. She scanned the surroundings to find the woman who dismissed the kids before approaching her. "Good evening, I'm here to pick up Soléigh Brown," Jorja said.

The woman acknowledged the request and brought the walkie-talkie to her lips, calling for Soléigh to be sent out. Moments later, jorja glanced over and saw Soléigh approaching with a neutral expression. With a concerned furrow in my brow, Jorja quickly walked over, scooped her into her arms, and rested her on her hip. Given Soléigh's petite stature, it was easy for both of them when she lifted her up.

"Did you have a good day? What's with the face, hm?" Jorja asked, as Soléigh nestled her head into the nook of Jorja's neck. Glancing down, Jorja observed Soléigh's head shake in the negative. A wave of frustration started to wash over Jorja, sensing the familiar direction this conversation was heading.

Jorja mustered all her restraint to keep from marching back into the school to put an end to the ongoing issues. Instead, she resolved to phone Mrs. Marie and arrange a conference soon because obviously Soléigh wasn't up to walking back inside that building.