τρία

Swan's House

                  It was Thursday morning when I woke from the cries of the twins, checking at them immediately. I didn't even care if I'm still tired or not, after I went to their side. I notice their flush face, so I held my palm into their forehead. Their having a fever! This is not good, with the twins being meant taking a longer days before they can even heal completely. They have a weak immunity, so I'm pretty sure they just couldn't get use to the change of environment and weather, that's why they got sick. I mentally groan at that while hurrying on putting some necessary clothing and things for the twins in the bag. I never even bother to arrange them as I went directly to the twins side, I held Agape first and transfered her to my bed. The little was whimpering pitifully that it made my heart ache, wishing that I could just take away the pain she's experiencing. Why do babies get sick?! They shouldn't be experiencing the pain!!

              After settling Agape down, I immediately went to Philos's side. Holding him in my arms longer since he won't stop thrashing his arms and crying so loud that his face was already red.

             "Philos, calm down." I said as I gently sway my arms to help him calm down. "I'm here, I'm here."

            Even though the whines and small whimpers are still there, it was a good call for me as I gently layed Philos beside his sister but immediately took him back as his lips started to go downward. Without hesitation, I brought him with me as I loudly knock on Uncle Charlie's bedroom door using my foot. In which he immediately open but got stunned when he saw me holding Philos in my arm.

             "Uncle, we need to go to the hospital. No time to waste." He immediately understood the situation as he rush to my room, holding Agape on his other hand firmly and two infant carrier. I don't know how he even carried that.

            "Lianna, put Philos on his carrier and settle the twins inside my car." He said that I immediately followed, it was hard for me to put Philos on his carrier when he was looking at me, lips downward and eyes watery. He looks like he was begging me not to put him down as he release small whimper.

               After settling both babies, I immediately grab one carrier at a time and settled them on the backseat. Luckily there's no rain, only some gloomy skies. I settled myself just beside the twins carrier, holding their milk bottle each. I mentally curse when they would rather evade it so I need to beg Uncle Charlie to make some boiled eggs, which he did. It took him 3 minutes and gave me the boiled eggs and water bottle for the twins, and immediately went inside as he starts the engine of the car. The ride made me feel like it was taking too long as I was slowly distracting the twins by feeding them bits by bits of the smash eggs. It work on Agape as she eagerly took a big bite on the spoon, Philos on the other hand would whine when it was his turn.

                 Finally, we arrived at the hospital. There's not that much people in the hospital aside from the patients, relatives of the patients, and medical workers. As we ventured across the hallway, we passed through some middle aged ladies gossiping. Uncle Charlie immediately stop in front of the receptionist to tell her the problem, which the receptionist call for help. Three nurses came rushing into our side as they check the two babies in the carrier, Uncle Charlie was signing all the paper works so he just told me to follow the three nurses. And I did, as I was venturing through the hallway of the hospital building, I can literally hear them gossiping about me.