Chapter 137: Wait For Me

Director Chen Junior followed behind Jennie. He was confident Lisa simply treated Jenny as Rosé’s doctor and nothing more.

Jennie reached her hand out to take the phone and composed an audio message: [Lisa, shall we do lunch? We have known each other for so long, but we have never gone out on a date. Why don’t we go on one?]

Rosé’s eyes nearly popped from their sockets in shock.

She did not see this coming. How could this elegant young woman end up so bold and direct?

Jenny was bold, decisive, and just her type!

Rosé took the phone from Jennie. She had a feeling Lisa would either pretend he did not receive the message or throw his temper at the lovely doctor! Naturally, it was more likely for the latter to happen!

He would do anything Rosé asked, but he drew his boundary when it came to Jennie, so it was impossible to convince him to break up with Jennie.

Now that Dr. Jenny had boldly offered to go on a date with Lisa, he was bound to blow up.

Rosé was genuinely worried. She reached her hand out and instinctively pulled Jenny to her side protectively. “Jin, I will protect you!”

Jennie felt puzzled by what Rosé said.

Director Chen Junior could detect the change in Rosé’s mood. After all, Lisa was well-known in the hospital for being a cold and serious man.

He clenched his fists automatically. “I am here for you as well!”

Jennie was bewildered by his response.

BEEP!

Rosé’s phone vibrated when she received a notification for an audio message.

It was from Lisa.

She held her phone with her hands trembling. Although Lisa was her biological little brother, she did not dare to make him angry.

Rosé’s hand trembled and her phone quickly fell onto the ground.

Director Chen Junior quickly picked up the phone. “Here you are, Miss Manoban.”

Rosé felt as though her hands were injured. Even though it was just a phone, she was unable to hold it firmly.

Jennie reached her hand out to take it and glanced at the screen as she said, “Do you want to hear it?”

Rosé swallowed nervously before she gritted her teeth and made up her mind.

Lisa was just going to get angry about this.

Since it was her fault, she could not let Dr. Jenny suffer for it.

She suppressed the tremble in her voice and said, “Tap on it!”

It wasn’t like Lisa would eat her alive!

Jennie reached her hand out, but Rosé stopped her. “Hang on. Let me call Jisoo first.”

Jennie handed the phone to her.

Rosé calmly tapped on Jisoo’s number and pressed dial.

Her gorgeous face looked unrestrained and confident.

After the call got through, Jisoo’s voice came from over the phone. Rosé pouted and said with a crying voice, “Jichu, come back now! I’m in big trouble!”

After making the call, she cleared her throat and said softly to Jenny, “Let’s see what Lisa has to say about lunch.”

Director Chen Junior was in shock when he saw the major change in Rosé’s mood.

Jennie smiled. She found Rosé incredibly adorable.

In her past life, Jennie found Rosé annoying, pretentious, and harsh. Jennie only later realized Rosé had done it for the sake of Lisa. If Jennie treated Lisa well, Rosé would be friends with her.

Jennie took the phone and tapped on Lisa’s audio message.

Lisa’s voice sounded cool as usual. Even though he did not sound excited, it was a positive response: [Wait for me.]