Underground Vault

Evellyn had been diligently poring over the documents and records in the study for quite some time.

Despite her efforts, she couldn't find any trace of money flowing into the treasury.

The situation puzzled her.

Could there really be no money at all? It seemed unlikely. Throughout the Duchy's history, despite financial challenges, they had maintained their reputation as an affluent noble family within the Empire.

She couldn't shake the feeling that there must be a hidden stash somewhere, safeguarded from theft.

Perhaps the previous Dukes had established a secret room or an underground vault for such purposes.

After deliberating, she decided to call Rowan.

She asked him to lead the way to the secret underground treasury vault in the mansion.

Rowan agreed. He didn't dawdle and guided her outside the mansion.

Together, they ventured outside the mansion and arrived at the Mortiferum Amadeus gate, a serene garden adorned with Amadeus roses.

Despite their delicate appearance, these roses harbored a deadly secret, luring unsuspecting victims into their thorny embrace.

Just like pressing a lemon to extract its juice, it immediately squeezes out the life of its prey.

Fortunately, Evellyn, being of the Nightingale lineage, possessed a unique connection with the creatures of her domain, ensuring her safety among the perilous flora.

As they explored the garden, memories of Evellyn's grandmother and her love for red roses flooded her mind, providing a moment of solace amidst the uncertainty.

She told her that her fascination with red flowers began when she witnessed a large expanse of roses blooming on her feet for the first time.

"My lady, Is everything alright?" Rowan suddenly asked. Evellyn, who was busy recalling her memories, woke up to his call.

"Nothing"

"Actually, I have something to ask. Is this the garden that my grandmother used to visit before?"

"That's hardly possible. Since this garden is exclusive only to the head of the family."

Evellyn was confused by his words. She believed that this was the place that her grandmother mentioned.

"We have arrived, my lady. The entrance is here, underneath this gazebo."

Upon reaching a hidden entrance beneath the gazebo, adorned with ancient runes.

Evellyn realized something. She was oblivious to the key phrase for the entrance.

"Perhaps you could open the door for me", Evellyn requested.

"Apologies. I'm afraid I can't do that, My Lady. As a familiar, I am forbidden from using any incantation your family has created", Rowan politely replied.

"If so, could you please tell me what they are?"

"I can't tell you the words. The answer was with you all this time. It is carved on the item that symbolizes your authority as the head of this family."

Evellyn pondered for a while.

Something that represents the head of the family.

The Ring

She raised her right hand to inspect the inscriptions surrounding the ring's etched emblem.

Evellyn spoke the words confidently.