39. New things for the room

Sean's perspective:

After some time of being bored after Ri and the researcher let, Ri came back, this time holding a metallic looking box, though the sound made when it was set down sounded more like paper.

He looked at the box some more, which was up to his hips in height, while Ri went back out for a moment, seeing that it had a drawing of a silhouette of a short cilinder with light blue on top, then Ri came back and closed the glass door.

This time, Ri crouched down and opened up the box, removing a lid, and started taking a few things out, like a long piece of paper, but mostly round and smooth plastic-like parts, like that of the cilinder, as well as some tubes.

He watched as Ri started building, using the instructions a lot, but after a long time, it finished and pushed one of the tubes out of the small room through a hole in the glass.

He noticed that the hole wasn't there before, or at least he thought so, but that thought was set aside for later as water started spewing from the middle of the structure.

He payed some attention to it, seeing that it looked like the picture in the box, but it had a small fountain in the middle, along with this, he noticed that the cilinder was a bit bigger than he would have expected, about 2.5 m in diameter.

He tested the water and thankfully it seemed to be warmed up, unlike his usual drinking water.

He wondered why they were getting him this, even more so as Ri came back into the room with another box, this one was a lot bigger, with a long line with a square drawn on the side.

The process was repeated again and the structure was built, although this time Ri did ask for help from a new alien, this time of Tonuk's species.

It seemed to be a lot bigger than Tonuk, along with that it seemed to be a lot better protected physically, with armor and what seemed to be a pole with a half circle at the end, seemingly to trap him if needed.

This made him worry more about having to behave properly, and so, he began thinking about what to do next while Ri and the new alien left.

After the structure was done, he gave it a quick glance, seeing that it was like the tree back at his old room, but this one didn't have any branches to climb with.

After some waiting, he confirmed that Ri and the new alien weren't coming back, and so, he got back to work on proving himself useful.

He didn't know what the water fountain was for, but he assumed that it was for ambience, or at least he hoped so, but while he thought of a better reason, he tried climbing the fake tree.

He assumed that it was maybe supposed to test something like climbing speed or ability, so he hurried while getting up.

The trunk was thin enough for him to put his arm around, which made it easy to climb, though it did worry him about wobbling.

After getting to the top, he found a bed inside a small square room on top, along with a small curtain which could make the small room pitch black.

He considered that this was likely good enough for the researchers, and so he jumped down, not-so-gracefully landing on the other bed.

He tried thinking of what the fountain was for, since after a small sip, he found that it likely wasn't for drinking, since it had a weird, slightly chemical taste.

The taste made him decide that it wasn't for anything related to him directly and likely was something like for humidity or for looks.

With this in mind, he decided to stare at the fountain for a while, wondering about what else he would have to do later on for experiments.

After some time Ri returned, this time holding two boxes similar to the ones from before, which it set down before leaving once again.

He waited for a while until he got curious and looked through the boxes, seeing that they were empty and the same ones from before.

The boxes weren't completely empty though, as there was still wrapping inside, which he took out to inspect.

It wasn't useful, but it was a bit interesting seeing that it was like a sheet of paper, but cut up in such a way that it could be separated and took up a lot more space.

He managed to squish it back into a mostly flat piece of paper, but since he couldn't do too much with it, he tried to break it up, just for fun, but this also proved didn't work, which had him remember that it wasn't normal paper.

After a while of dragging the paper around, making nice shapes on the sand, Ri came into the room and dropped of another bundle of wrapping.

This one was the same shape, but it was a different color and had a different texture, but more importantly, it broke when he accidently yanked it to move it away from the door.

Breaking small bits of paper was enough to ward off boredom for quite a long time, and at the end he had a large pile of paper shreds to do who knows what with.

He settled for shoving the bits of paper to a corner and looked back at the fountain, still trying to figure out what it was meant for.

He took his arm out of the jumpsuit, dipped it inside the fountain and waited for a while to see if Ri or one of the researcher went to stop him.

No one came in, so he assumed that the water should be safe, which he then realized it should be already if no one had stopped him from drinking it.

He took his arm out, noticing that it wasn't dirty like before, instead, there were some bubbles on it and it smelt like an orange.

He realized that the fountain was probably for him to wash with, but he wasn't going to take a bath in those conditions, so he settled for dunking his head inside and cleaning up his head and hair.

This worked surprisingly well and he felt a lot better, along with this, he noticed that there was a rainy smell whenever he dropped water on the floor, which was nice.

He realized that he was fairly tired after this, looking back on that he was woken up in the middle of sleeping and on that he had been awake for quite a while.

He wanted to sleep on top of the fake tree because of the pitch black, but didn't want to risk falling in the dark inside the small box, so he looked for the next best thing.

He took the box for the fountain and put it on top of his own bed, which blocked out most light, although there still were slits of light coming through the bottom.

He managed to sleep for a while, and he woke up feeling a lot better, even though he was woken up a bit before he wanted to because one of the aliens went into his room at night.

He didn't know which one it was, but he soon saw a plate with new food, so he assumed that it was Ri again probably, along with this, he noticed that the lights were very dim and weren't getting any stronger after some time waiting.

He looked around and noticed that there was a fairly strong breeze coming, and a cold one at that.

He looked for the source to block it off with a box or dirt, but soon found that it was coming from the door, which was open now.

He pushed it open slowly, noticing that there was absolutely no one outside, along with the room being very dark, as the only light was from his room.

He walked out of his room.